View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #44
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
DM. I cannot take you seriously. I really can't. This is the sort of nonsense teenagers write. The only reason you can write such tripe is that you believe what you want to believe and read only partisan trash.

I really can't believe that I have to explain the nature of language to you. "Obama doesn't have a plan" in the context of a political campaign means that he does not have a convincing plan. A well-thought out plan. A plan that could be put into effect without being completely overhauled and all the missing details filled in. A "plan" that can be taken seriously by anybody who can do the arithmetic. Honestly. I cannot believe that I actually have to explain this to you.

His "plan" is essentially the same stupid "plan" that was put into practice two years ago in Massachusetts and is already exceeding the amount it was supposed to cost by hundreds of millions of dollars. I linked to a number of reports about this "plan" just recently. Go inform yourself. It isn't like your vote matters but you really should be better informed about these things.
Lily. I cannot take you seriously. I really can't. This is the sort of nonsense that internet trolls write. The only reason you can write such tripe is that you believe what you want to believe and read only partisan trash. If you meant he did not have a plan (that you think is realistic) you would have said so. As it is, you were spouting the right-wing talking point that Obama has no substance and hasn't proposed anything in detail.

In another example of your stupidity or dishonesty (I still haven't decided which) you claim that Obama's plan is essentially the same as the Massachusetts plan. That is patently false. Hillary's proposed plan was similar to the one in Massachusetts. One major distinction is that Obama's plan does not have a mandate. There are other differences that you would find if you took the time to look them up.

Meanwhile, under the McCain/Palin plan there would be no net increase in those covered AND those that are covered would generally have less generous plans. 20 million fewer people would have employer-provided coverage and the markets would be deregulated.

McCain's Plan
Obama's Plan

It looks like you are the one that needs to be better informed. Obviously neither plan is perfect, but at least Obama's plan won't make things any worse.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote