View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #10
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
anon wrote
Quote:
Victus wrote
My primary motive is not instrumental aggression itself, but rather its relation to psychopathy (my main interest of psychopathology). Many psychological disorders are associated with an increase in reactive aggression (frustration or emotionally based, no tangible reward). This can be seen in CD/ODD/Childhood and adult bipolar disorder /Intermittent explosive disorder and the list goes on.
OKAY, got it. I think the confusion arises because ….

1) psychopathy is distinct from psychosis. While psychopathy is your area of interest, psychosis is not and thus, you are not so careful with the possibility that bi-polar disorder could have psychosis. That a reader could reasonably think that you are also dealing with psychotics.
What the hell are you talking about??? Victus never said anything about studying psychosis, and bipolar is not classified as a psychotic disorder, even though some manic episodes may incorporate near delusional thinking.

Quote:
anon wrote
2) Not all bi-polar disorders have psychosis, but some bi-polar disorders have psychosis, as per your cited case of ‘adult bi-polar disorder’, the person would not be a psychotic.
Victus didn’t cite a case of adult bipolar disorder, and never said anything about psychosis.

Quote:
anon wrote
3) where bi-polar disorders have psychosis, then the person with bi-polar disorder, as per your cited case of ‘adult bi-polar disorder’, the person would also be a psychotic.
??????

Quote:
anon wrote
4) psychosis is a severe form of mental illness often requiring medication, while neurosis is a lesser form of mental illnesss.
A) you are fixated on psychosis which wasn’t even remotely the point of anything Victus wrote and B) where are you getting your info from, DSM I? The term neurosis isn’t even used anymore.

Quote:
anon wrote
5) you would notice that Albert Einstein uses the term ‘optical illusion’ and he does NOT use the term ‘psychosis’ because psychosis is a serious medical mental illness. Einstein being a real scientist would not be careless in use of incorrect medical term to convey wrong understanding, nor would Einstein consider mankind as having the more severe mental illness of psychosis. Instead Einstein sees the greater potentiality of mankind to over come his optical illusion of consciousness…..

6) your failure to draw the distinction between the type of adult bi-polar disorder, led me to think that you are dealing with the psychotic bi-polar disorder person, while what you had in mind is the non psychotic bi-polar disorder. You may wish to read up on the types of adult bi-polar disorder, to see, if there is a such a distinction between the psychotic type and non psychotic type of adult bi-polar disorder, or how the experts in the field of adult bi-polar disorder view it.
You may wish to be evaluated for psychotic ideation, as you are definitely not making any sense whatsoever. Albert Einstein was not a psychologist, either.

Quote:
anon wrote
7) to merely view ALL adult bi-polar disorder as psychopathic would clearly be erroneous, for the reasons state above, as there are can psychotic adult bi-polar disorder.
Word salad?

Quote:
anon wrote
8) proper use of term is thus essential to convey proper understanding. In fact, to say a person is psychotic is libelous (in writing) and slander (orally) and can be subject to a defamation suit, unless the person who says the plaintiff is psychotic can show that it is true that the plaintiff is psychotic, like a psychotic adult bi-polar disorder person, and then the law courr would judge whether the plaintiff is psychotic according to standards of modern medicine and modern psychiatry and not any other standards.
Calling a person psychotic is not against the law, and unless said person could prove that the so-called libel or slander caused actual financial or physical harm, then said person’s lawsuit would be thrown out of court. So I’m guessing you’re not psychotic then, but bipolar?

there, I had to get that out of my system, now I can think clearly again.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote