View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #41
orangeitis

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
And that truth is in complete contradiction to the atheist who posts just after him and says he speak for 99% of all atheist when he says all they want is to believe the truth.
It's not in contradiction at all. I'd bet that ubs wants to be an atheist because that's the most rational viewpoint that humanity has. And if there was evidence to a deity existing, I'm sure he'd want to be a theist, strictly in the context of the evidence.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
I applaud your honesty. You’re going to burn in hell, of course, but I applaud your honesty.
There is no "of course", as there isn't any evidence for it. It's just your wishful thinking, and quite frankly, it's a threat on your behalf, even considering that there's no such thing. If I were ubs, I would have no reason to even consider what you're saying any more, let alone respond to you.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Stargazer, seriously, are you asking for a photo or video of God?

What can I say? Just point your camera in any direction and snap a photo. There's God.
So you're defining God as anything you want? Is your god a fire hydrant? Is your god a random hobo?

You need to be more specific in your definition if you wish to put up an argument.

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
I do not understand why God gets to be a special case in the "proving" category. For aliens, you would require a photo, video, or other hard proof. Pictures/videos OF THE ALIEN.

But God? You tell me: Just point your camera in any direction. Really? That proves nothing. It just proves I can take a picture of my dog, or the stack of books on my desk.

You're right. I'm not convinced.
Egor is using the common theistic false dichotomy of implying that "the trees and the clouds" etc must be made from the deity he worships, as he doesn't understand the physics behind them, and assumes that a god is the only possible way they could exist.

Of course you probably knew that's what he was saying, but just to make sure.
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote