View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #16
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
"V" wrote View Post
Thomas, let me know if you have watched the video.
I am sure it will become apparent once you have. There is a context there that will save you and me a lot of time by simply watching it.
If you have, and it wasn't apparent to you, and from all that content this is the only issue you want to have a discussion on, ask me again.
Lily & Thomas are Christ-psychotics IOW Theotards, how do you expect them to understand Dennett's video? he is after all a philosopher not a neurologist & his video is from 2003.

This one is a more recent video made by a neurologist, but I doubt the Theotards would understand, for the truth that we mentally healthy aka atheist folks present always makes them MAD, after all, what else can be expected from theotards but delusions of god?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS3wMC2BpxU

Here is a brief biography of Dr Markram a MENTALLY HEALTHY, aka atheist, man to show he KNOWS what he is talking about.

"Henry Markram is a professor at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. He founded the Brain Mind Institute (BMI) in 2002. He was born in South Africa and went to school at Kearsney College. He studied medicine and neuroscience at Cape Town University where, with Rodney Douglas he found that acetylcholine could re-arrange polymodal sensory maps of the giant cells in the brain stem. He obtained his Ph.D. in Neuroscience with Menhem Segal at the Weizmann Institute of Science where he discovered that acetylcholine is so important in memory because it gates the NMDA receptor. He went to the Max Planck Institute where he discovered calcium transients in dendrites evoked by sub-threshold activity and by single action potentials propagating back into dendrites. Markram discovered Spike Timing Dependent Plasticity (STDP) in 1992-1993 as a postdoc in Bert Sakman’s lab. Henry moved back to the WIS at the end of 1993 as an Assistant Professor where he started to systematically reverse engineering of the neocortical microcircuitry. He discovered redistribution of synaptic efficacy (RSE) among other key synaptic princples. Misha Tsodyks and he developed the TM mathematical model for dynamic synapses. He and Wolfgang Maass developed the theory of "Liquid Computing" to explain how neural circuits can produce a meaningful output when they are in states that may never have occurred in the past. In 2002 be moved as full professor, founder and director of the Brain Mind Institute to the EPFL. His lab built some of the most advanced technology to study neural circuits (12 neuron patch-clamp, multiple parralel optical stimulation, etc). He with Jean-Vincent le Be discovered Long-Term Microcircuit Plasticity (LTMP), and a number of cellular, synaptic and connectivity principles in the neocortical microcircuitry. Kamila Markram and he developed a novel unifying theory of autism called the Intense World Theory of Autism. Henry founded and directs the Blue Brain Project, which is building a simulation-based research facility for neuroscience. The first model built by this facility was the neocortical column. The Blue Brain Project involves neuroinformatics, model building according to biological specifications, simulation on supercomputers, and advanced scientific 3D visualization. Henry believes that it is biologically and technically possible to build detailed models of the mouse, rat, cat, primate, and Human Brain within 10 years. He has received numerous awards and published around a 100 papers. "

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote