View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 01:52 AM   #21
mondrian

Quote:
OnTheRazorsEdge wrote View Post
What reason(s) would you give for being an atheist?

Thanks...
god didn't create man or anything else for that matter. Man created god:

1. To explain how the Universe came into being.

2. To control and exploit the masses.

3. To help man cope with his mortality.

As for 1), scientists are well on their way to explaining how the Universe came into being. They don't have all the answers, yet. But the rate at which progress is being made, they'll have most of them in my life time. The answers they already have indicate that god is no longer a requirement in the creation equation. How have the god squad reacted? By retreating and claiming that although god may not have actually created the universe, he created the scientific laws that created the universe. Well, correct me if I'm wrong but in the bible it says that god created the heavens and the Earth. It does not say that god created the physical laws which created the heaven and the earth. The bible is the word of god, we are told. So, did god lie when he said that he created the earth or is the bible a pile of shit that was created by man?

As for 2), religion has certainly exploited man, that's for sure. The church is one of the richest entities on earth. It has billions of dollars at its disposal. How did it become so wealthy? Through the exploitation of man. Does it not say in the bible that 'It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God'. Well, in that case, none of the rich fuckers at the top of the religious hierarchy will be going to heaven.

Not only has the church/religion exploited man monetarily, it has also sexually exploited man, or to be more precise, little boys and protected the evil fuckers that have sexually abused.

More people have died in the name of jesus christ than for any other reason. Yet, religion preaches peace. So, how come an entity which preaches peace is so violent?

That just leaves us with god/religion helping man to cope with his own mortality.

Well, perhaps if we got rid of all of this god shit and religious bollocks, man could actually start to deal with this issue.

The middle man of last resort.
mondrian is offline   Reply With Quote