View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 06:34 PM   #5597
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Hobotronic2037 wrote View Post
I never said god, who doesn’t exist, is required to do anything. That would be ridiculous. The nonexistent can’t be required to do anything except not exist.

However, according to your stupid bible: “All thing are possible to him who believes.” Jesus said that in one of your gospels. I forget which.

So all you have to do is believe and the bipolar will be cured. Right?
Are you referring to this Mark 9:23?
New International Version

1. "'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for one who believes."

Everything is indeed possible for one who believes, but God has an ultimate plan. His illness may be helping someone else out in some manner. He is the ultimate good guy when he is in the psych unit. He likes to help others there when he gets stabilized on meds and encourage them them to take their meds, follow medical advice, things lilke that.

He may have helped countless of people by sharing how awful things get when he does quit taking the meds. That said meds like Lithium can have terrible side effects which is why people don't take them.

That might be the best example and I know you don't believe in God and an ultimate plan but in some way you are put here for a purpose to help others and you have probably done so without even knowing it.

Hebrews 13:2New International Version

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

Thus, many atheists will be in heaven and many hypocritical, self serving,
Pharisee like Christians will be in hell.

Regards,

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote