Thread: Users
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 07:13 AM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I don't think it's just facefuck we have to thank.
Not so long ago we were a not very vocal minority. We've progressed to a more vocal rabble, but still a minority in many places. The god-laden forums around the net along with the 'well behaved' atheist haunts tended to try and rationally discuss how to properly respect and flavour a shit sandwich. This place didn't. Many folk (myself included) have better things to do than try and make a deluded buffoon see how stupid his beliefs are, apart from making his guts feel all tingly.

Over time, things have changed to the point where much of what was said here and the mocking tones in which they were said have now largely become mainstream, with social media providing an alternative platform to these anonymous haunts of the web. If a god-shagging prayer warrior writes anything jesus-worthy on my page - the standard abuse will flow and reach a real life audience rather than a secretive few.

Saying that, I've been in this cyber-pub for over 10 years (dammit!) and it's still a useful outlet for those not yet able to mock & reject the irrational claptrap in their lives.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote