Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
SteveG wrote
Quote:
Just Us Chickens wrote
Quote:
Irreligious wrote
Is nobody here going to define that cryptic phrase: Grace builds upon nature? Is this just a poetic way of saying "Godidit?"
I think it means that god works through natural mediums so finding natural explanations shouldn’t be surprising
Absolutely! Well said JUC.

If one is familiar with Thomism, this is really the point being made. It's funny, because I just yesterday read a fascinating article discussing how many folks in the Protestant community are upset that Catholics, and in particular Thomists, aren't getting on board with Intelligent design.

The reason boils down in it's simplest terms to what JUC just said, and in Thomistic terms, it's because fundamentally Intelligent Design is built on a fallacy (Cosmogonical Fallacy).

Anyone even moderately interested in such things can find the article here.

What is God’s Finger Doing in My Pre-Biotic Soup?
Sure xians are all cool with saying gawd all-smitey hooked up the dopamine neurons in the ventral tegmental area so they would project via the median forebrain bundle to the nucleus accumbens and prefrontal cortex just so’s we could feel warm fuzzies from doing good stuff.

But why aren’t these mighty theologians equally nonchalant about the ultimate mad neuroscientist hooking up the sexually dimorphic nucleus of the pre-optic area, the 3rd interstitial nucleus of the anterior hypothalamus, the splenium corpus callosum, the anterior commissure, the bed nucleus stria terminalis and the suprachiasmatic nucleus of the hypothalamus differently in homosexual males compared to heterosexual males?

Nah, that homosexual thing is just an evil pleasure that some people choose to indulge in by their own free willy.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote