Thread: The Big Bang
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
ninjaxlikewoah__ wrote View Post
Okay, so I have to write a two page argumentative essay over a controversial topic for my college English class.

My topic was the Big Bang, and how I'm for the theory (being a physics major and all).

Well, my teacher decides to flip everybody's sides to where they're against the topic they're for, and vice versa.

So, I need help.

I know of a couple of theories of how the universe came to be. The one I'm most familiar with is the Static Universe theory by Einstein; but there's a problem. His theory was proven wrong.

So I need some other theories to work with.

Also, I absolutely DO NOT want any religious point of view. I'm going to use that as my opposition.
Quantum gravity suggests that there is no singularity "before" the big bang, and that in fact the universe did exist before the inflationary phase. That means that the big bang arguments are insufficient to explain where the universe came from. Therefore jesus is real.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote