View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #182
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post

We already went there, remember? I told you how to take a picture of God.
This is not proof of any kind. This is something theists often do in response to this question however. Instead of offering any solid, substantial proof, they tell me I need to stand slack jawed in awe of how complicated life is and somehow conclude that because things are beautiful/complex/there at all that there MUST be a god.

If offered this kind of "proof" in, say, the medical field, you would immediately dismiss it as ridiculous. So why the intellectual disconnect when it comes to God?

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You bet. A little neologism on my part. “Veridicanism” coined in 1993.

Veridical = True

-an = suffix denoting a follower

-ism = suffix denoting a doctrine

Veridicanism = The doctrine of those who follow that which is true.

What is true is this:

1. God is monistic in His nature.

2. The human purpose is to be Christ. Christ is God conscious of Himself from within His creation.
This is great and all that, and at least shows that you have something of an imagination, but you are still a theist, and still using all the same basic arguments that they all are. The fact that you apparently could not find a fit in the existing religions and made up your own, however, seems to indicate some kind of deep seated unease with theism, and, I wonder, if you had carried that feeling further is you might have joined the ranks of atheists. To which we would welcome you, by the way.

However, your choice, of course.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You sure were working at the mystery of it.
It is my nature to be thorough. I attack everything that way.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Why do girls always decry testosterone? When they’re afraid of the dark they want as much of it around as possible.
While I see the attempt to stereotype me, I will say this:

I am not afraid of the dark. Or the things that lurk in it.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB

Last edited by Stargazer; 02-06-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote