View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #8
Nullifidian

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
Quote:
Nullifidian wrote
Yeah, I realized this must be the case, at least biblically. I also went over to yahoo!Answers and askd them, and some said evil couldn't exist in God's presence, and others said it could, with biblical references.so the whole argument has to be scraooed, I guess.
:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you, it's just that you have the entire internet at your fingertips, and you choose yahoo! as a source of philosophical knowledge. If you really did come up with this on your own, I'm impressed. What you've stumbled across is known as the Problem of Evil. You can read about it at wikipedia here (but remember, wiki is not a scholarly resource). You can read a more in-depth analysis of it here (the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy is a scholarly resource). You can also see what other forum posters have to say on the subject in our own Problem of Evil thread.
Oh, I know all about the problem of evil, and I wasn't asking those yahoos at Yahhoo for my own edification. I was trying to get the Christians there to think a bit about their religion. I don't think it worked.