Thread: How Sleep Works
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #21
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
skribb wrote View Post
I have dreamt of having sex with my sister and with my mother, in multiple instances. I do not mind (dreams are dreams after all), but what's your take on it?
I don't subscribe to the standardized interpretations that are in so many pop psych books. A cigar is, after all, sometimes just a cigar. And everybody sees a cigar differently.

So I wouldn't presume to tell you what your dream "means", if anything, but you could do the same things I suggested to Chris if you are wondering how to make sense of the dreams you have had.

My experience has been that if the same dream or similar kinds of dreams occur repeatedly, there's usually some issue at the crux of the biscuit. Now if you are into the idea of having sex with your mother or sister when you're awake, there's really nothing to interpret. If you aren't into the idea of shagging your mom or sis, and especially if you find the idea of it upsetting, there might be an issue. But if you aren't really bothered by the dream, and you are not interested in making it so, then it's also no big deal.

Just curious, does it become a wet dream, and are you certain about the identities of the dream women being your mom and sis? Because we are notorious for assigning labels and identities to our dream characters AFTER we awaken.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote