View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 12:09 PM   #12
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Cap'n Awesome wrote
Quote:
WITHTEETH wrote
Cap'n Awesome, do you think about anyone but yourself?
I think about myself first.

Lets put it this way, if someone breaks into my house with a gun, I shoot him. I don't stop to think 'Gee, maybe he has kids and a wife, maybe he's just hit hard times and is being forced to do this by bad circumstance. Maybe it's just some junkie who I can wrestle to the ground, or take the gun from him, what did I do to make this person angry in the first place' I think "How do I kill this person?" I'm not going to fire a warning shot, and give him a chance to plug me in the chest. I'm going to shoot him and be done with it.

The First quote is what our Military is like now, the second is what we should be like. We defeated the Iraqi army in what, a week? Declare victory and now mill around while we get blown up? It's time to get back to a little shock and awe, to remind the insurgents who has the bigger gun.
Good analogy, except for the fact that WE ARE THE ONES WITH THE GUN INVADING HOUSES! We're the assholes. What do we possibly have to win? its either a failure or a loss to us, in any case its not a win.

Heres a definition of Empathy:
em·pa·thy [émpəthee]
noun
1. understanding of another’s feelings: the ability to identify with and understand another person’s feelings or difficulties
2. attribution of feelings to an object: the transfer of your own feelings and emotions to an object such as a painting

Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2005. © 1993-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

When we invade Their country on a false premise, cause terror, destroy cities, kill power, kill civilians, houses and a few insurgents, throw a few pewople off a bridge we CAUSE terror, and that causes TERRORISTS. You will only caise more hatred towards the US and thus more attacks. That mentality is irresposible. If you put yourself in an Iraqi's shoes, see through their eyes, you might see why your statement would cause such a great uproar.

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote