View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #21
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sopater48 wrote View Post
That is a very good question.

Perhaps I just want to spend a few hours on a Saturday evening poking fun at athiests. I hope this isn't my motive but I suppose if I am honest it might be. I read the other threads and don't see why, if you are happy to give it so why not.
Well, if you just want to poke fun at us, why not be honest and spare us the self-serving blessings bullshit? It's awfully high-handed when you actually wandered in here for a fight.

Quote:
Sopater wrote
or

Interesting dialogue.
If you enjoy verbal joustings and trading insults, you might be entertained here. A meeting of the minds is rather unlikely, however.

Quote:
Sopater wrote
or

I am also trying, to some degree, to be a goodwill ambassador.
Sorry. I didn't see any evidence of that in your initial post. You pretty much made it clear that you found us to be laughable and, obviously, cowards because we're not out preaching on street corners so that the rest of the world can laugh at us, too. Those sentiments are somehow at odds with your bestowal of blessings and peace later on in your post.

Quote:
Sopater wrote
or

I was an athiest for most of my life (just didn't believe in God- whatever type of athiest that it) but I experienced a (physical) miracle and now I do. I want others to understand the joy.
Why is it necessary for us to understand your joy? I have my own joys, which you might not find so joyful. I wouldn't dream of imposing my joys on you.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote