View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
Mog
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote
Theologians have heard it all before, as have we who merely sit in pews. And no, it doesn't scare us in the least. Something still has to decide among all those pleasures-- or do you want to argue that it is six of one, half dozen of the other whether one has sex, eats a Hershey bar or helps an old lady across the street?
How do you phrase that as a meaningful choice? A prostitute offers me a free blow-job, while an ice-cream vendor offers me a free cone. Meanwhile theres this old lady that needs my help crossing the street all at the same time? Its kind of awkward, don't you think?

No, I don't think they really have heard it all before, at least not with the strong evidence we are accumulating. Given that there is evidence that a psychotic brain is physically different from a healthy brain, would you attempt to medically cure it? We may have the chance to wipe out most of the world's evil with modern medicine.

"It's puzzling that Eden is synonymous with paradise when, if you think about it at all, it's more like a maximum-security prison with twenty-four hour surveillance." -Ann Druyan
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote