View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #162
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You know, I’ve done this before. There was an atheist who e-mailed with me and we had a serious intellectual debate with mutual respect about the existence of God. As we were going along, he just ducked out of the conversation and came back in here and started up with the same ol’ disrespect-shtick. It was a complete waste of my time.
You're talking about me, right? It was a good conversation, one I had always had intentions to get back to. But With Christmas, New Year, working and starting up a new business plus more, I kept putting it back further and further. This whole atheist/theist thing is a very minor part of my life, at the end of the day, and when I did have spare time for this it was easier to come on here and read a whole miriad of stuff (and occasionally post) than to log onto the fake e-mail address I made and try to come up with a whole e-mail rebuttal. It's amazing how quickly a month (or two) can go by before you know it.

I didn't think it was a waste of time at all. Since you did I won't bother worrying about it anymore.

As for the disrespect stuff, I told you straight up that status would be quo on this forum - the "disrespect" is just how this place works. It's definately not personal. I actually don't mind you. I try to judge people on a whole rather than on specific parts of their character. Despite the completely disagreeing on theology, there are plenty of things you do that are fine and good by me.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote