Thread: Groundhog's day
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #239
Simoon

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
By coming here and presenting a differing opinion, I don't expect anything else than your view
It's not that you have a different opinion, it's that you don't understand the atheist position.

And the frustrating thing is, that you've been corrected repeatedly by many here.

Quote:
I do find it fascinating how you present your belief with absolute certainty, it's as if it were a religion.
Here's a perfect example. Where did I ever say that I claim absolute certainty. In fact, I have repeatedly said the opposite.

Here's a short list by me and others:

Quote:
Simoon wrote View Post

I do not claim to know, with absolute certainty, that a god does not exist. I disbelieve one does. I am not justified to believe a god exists based on the evidence that has been presented to me

Quote:
Simoon wrote View Post
What proof do I need to provide? Again, I'm not claiming to know, with absolute certainty, that a god does not exist.
Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post

I am not making the claim that no gods exist. I am making the claim that I don't see a reason to believe your claim that a god exists
Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
We don't have evidence, which is why we don't believe.

That's what atheism is, after all. Not believing.

As long as you fail to present evidence for supernatural claims, atheism will remain correct.
Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
It has already been explained to Jerry, ad nauseam, that atheists don't reject the possibility of gods, they reject only the unsubstantiated hypothesis that there are gods. He is simply a dishonest little troll who wants to argue for the sake of argument.

Do you have a reading comprehensions problem? Do you have a problem with the concepts quoted above?
Simoon is offline   Reply With Quote