View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #181
Egor

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Although I guess I do have one question:
Having seen the ridiculous number of changes "veridicanism" has gone through just in the lsat 6 months, do you honestly expect anyone to convert to something that clearly doesn't even know what it actually is?
No, I don't expect anyone to ever convert to it. I actually don't know what I'd do if someone did. I think that would be their business and not mine. I want to sell books to those who are interested in reading them. If this is ever going to be an organization, God will have to lead others to create that. My job is to form it--and of course, live it.

And it is in the formation stage; it's not three hundred years down the road. It really won't be formed until I publish this next book. After that, I'm going to have to stick by what I've published, so that will automatically stop its evolution.

Quote:
Nobody is going to join a cult that says "god is this..." if they know you're just as likely after they convert to turn around and say "actually no, god is this.....".
People who join cults follow the people who start cults. They don't follow the philosophy. Most of the time, they don't even believe the philosophy; they just need to follow. And Veridicanism is not a cult.

Quote:
I mean, I'm no doctor, but it seems like a pretty basic staple of human emotions that people want stability, and you would think that god would understand this, and not jerk everyone around like this by making you change your mind every 20 seconds.
Aside from me and my wife who are the only members of this religion and who are the ones making the changes, there is no one dependent on the stability of it. So there's no harm.

If this book makes it out this year, that will be the end of the changes--in my lifetime anyway.

Quote:
It's a really big clue that 'god'* is just making this up as you go along.
I'm not making it up, I'm praying, hearing God, and figuring it out.

Quote:
*make no mistake, I am definitely indicating that you are a) not actually hearing from god at all, and b) think yourself some sort of 'god' to be followed.
How would you know? You're an atheist. You would have no way of knowing if I were hearing from God or not. You are completely deaf to God. As for me being a God; I don't think so.

And make no mistake, Michael, you could never do what I'm doing.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote