View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

I have to say, the idea that god gave birth to himself, then sacrificed himself, so that he could forgive us for our sins and our imperfections (for which said god is ultimately responsible for) is patently absurd. Also the idea that this perfect god needs a blood sacrifice in order to forgive us for our imperfections. Could he not just forgive us without punishing himself? Is this god's way of fessing up that he fucked up and he needs to be punished for making such a fucked up species? My Sunday school teacher explained that the blood of Jeebus was super pure and would cover up icky human sins so that God would not see our sins, b/c Jeebus' blood was covering it up. Or somesuch. I have also heard the brilliant rationale that Jeebus was punished for our sins so that we would not have to answer for our own sins. Is that not like imprisoning an innocent person while letting the child-molester go free? How does that help the child who was molested? I guess the Catlick priests like this logic.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote