View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 08:25 AM   #67
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Or maybe it's observation. I think some people are less equipped to understand other people in an empathic way. There is something about understanding and empathy that creates a sense of oneness with whatever the object of that empathy and understanding is. That experience tends to cause one to sense the Divine and to sense a transcendence of consciousness.

Some people are less equipped to experience that for whatever reason. Apparently, God needs lower humans to work the material world.

Both the religious and the atheists are the same in many respects. The last big battle I had over at Christian Forums was with a Christian who has never once heard the voice of God except what he reads in the bible. He follows the Church; that's it. The atheist, if they are educated, follows academia; that's it. Both are the same creature.

I call it--and you'll like this--refractory atheism. It's in the religious and the atheist. And the only reason people like you are in groups like this is for the hope that someone like me will come along and spiritually defibrilate you. And I'll be honest: I don't know if I can.

But the least you could do is not disparage your colleagues and the majority of nurses in the world. It could be that they have "parts" that are simply missing in you.
I feel a well deserved fuck you is order here and not only for the sickeningly magnanimous and self-aggrandizing tone you affect but also because I happen to empathize very well with my patients and their families as it goes. I am not missing anything in that regard. And yes I am basing this on evidence and not just colleagues and mentors who have said as much to me face-to-face at work but also in regular routine anonymised multi-source feedback that we are obliged to send out periodically as part of our on-going training.

I submit that I merely have the ability to not only empathise but also be a critical scientist and much else besides depending on what is being required of me.

My amazement at these people who have had some science training amongst other things comes from the obstinate clinging to out-dated, out-moded and out-classed religiosity when science in many ways should challenge this. I think that most of them are just adept at compartmentalizing and never the twain shall meet when it comes to religion and science which is a shame.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.

Last edited by The Judge; 01-15-2018 at 08:55 AM.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote