View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:18 PM   #137
Egor

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
Egor I'm going to level with you.
I am a man of science and a medical doctor with a background in psychology and interest in consciousness research. This statement of yours above intrigues me. Please give me more details because on the surface it makes little sense. I'm genuinely interested in your responses.

I think it is pretty evident from reading back through your previous posts that you are as staunch a religionist as I am an atheist and so rather than focussing on the nuts and bolts of what is clearly a cast iron and very personal paradigm, I'd like to hear more about the more peripheral stuff so that we can discuss / debate that first.

I'd happily try my hand at debating you as that is what you desire but there appears to be a lot of esoteric stuff bolstering your very personal religion and so I feel we might stave off hitting a brick wall if we try and come to tackle the "big stuff" in time. I wonder if we might cut our teeth so to speak on the smaller stuff such as these studies into animal consciousness you mention for example because what you then infer from this has potentially profound and far-reaching consequences for other areas we may cover.

It is encouraging that you draw a line here.

This is sounding quite esoteric now. I know you expound a little on some of the attributes of what you call "Substance but can you attempt a fuller definition for us, please? I appreciate this may be difficult.

I admit I'm struggling to see how you resolve the paradox you describe here. Perhaps things might be clearer once I understand a bit more about what you mean by "Substance" though...?

You state that as a self-styled "Veridican" the gospels are prime and all else biblical is ancillary. It seems quite a leap, therefore, to have come up with the notion of "astral planes" based your reading of it.

Thank you though for your detailed description of "hell." I must say that you're the first kind of christian I've come across who wouldn't mind going there when you die. Most intriguing.

How are you so sure? Indeed how would it be possible to know this at all?
I want to answer your last question as soberly as I can, because I know that I get carried away quite easily. But I know these things because I experience them in my mind. I have a way of astral travel, and I know that it could all be fantasy, but I also know what it is like to fantasize and daydream--and my astral travel is not like that.

Now, I could be wrong. But anyone can be wrong when they report what they have experienced and then make a conclusion about it. But I only bring up my experiences like that when I'm asked about them. Otherwise, I'm quite happy to talk about these things in mundane terms. In fact, I expect to, because I know that anyone can claim experiences and that isn't evidence of anything.

So, I am willing to talk about anything you want to talk about. Would you like to talk about God or consciousness? We could discuss/debate either, if you like. I'd be willing to start a new post on either one. Given your background, I must admit, I would like to talk about consciousness and the scientific evidence for dualism I mentioned. When I talk about it, I typically get blank stares. But I think it's because the people I talk to about it don't understand the science. You would.

Tell you what: I'll go ahead and start a post on it, then you can dive in if you feel like it.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote