Old 03-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #136
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Kate, please, no more pictures! I have a horrible phobia of these things. I swear to god I am not going to be able to sleep tonight.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:01 AM   #137
Ed-M

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
I wonder how much of Christianity one can disbelieve and still be a Christian, but I guess I'll never know until the last "believer" dies.
Being a former Christain myself, I'd say all of them, except:

The existence of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost in one fashion or another.
The natural "fallen" human state of "original sin."
Jesus attempting to get out of his suicide-murder, ordered by his Father.
Jesus being sentenced to death by a cowardly (HA!) Pontius Pilate at the behest of a crowd of random Jews.
Jesus' brutalisation and bloody, painful, humiliating death from the torture and gross indecency known as crucifixion -- so long that he was nailed to a tropaeum or a simple post and not an actual crux.
That his death was a propitiary sacrifice for our sins, but only if we believe!
Jesus' resurrection anywhere from 36 to 72 hours later, with no damage or decomposition save for the prints of the nails and the stab wound of the spear.
His ascension into Heaven.
His eventual return.

Right. This has gotten to be too silly!
Ed-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #138
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Ed-M wrote View Post
Being a former Christain myself, I'd say all of them, except:

The existence of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost in one fashion or another.
The natural "fallen" human state of "original sin."
Jesus attempting to get out of his suicide-murder, ordered by his Father.
Jesus being sentenced to death by a cowardly (HA!) Pontius Pilate at the behest of a crowd of random Jews.
Jesus' brutalisation and bloody, painful, humiliating death from the torture and gross indecency known as crucifixion -- so long that he was nailed to a tropaeum or a simple post and not an actual crux.
That his death was a propitiary sacrifice for our sins, but only if we believe!
Jesus' resurrection anywhere from 36 to 72 hours later, with no damage or decomposition save for the prints of the nails and the stab wound of the spear.
His ascension into Heaven.
His eventual return.
And then there was Thomas Jefferson, darling of the Christians, who literally stripped all the things you listed above and more, to make his own Bible retaining only the "teachings" of Jesus, and who is lumped in with the "Christian" founding fathers of America.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #139
Ed-M

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
And then there was Thomas Jefferson, darling of the Christians, who literally stripped all the things you listed above and more, to make his own Bible retaining only the "teachings" of Jesus, and who is lumped in with the "Christian" founding fathers of America.
Yes, he's the darling of the Christains, except when he is not. They love to trot out made-up (usually by David Barton) quotes they attribute to him, but in reality they despise him. In the recent Texas Board of Education scandal over how US history is to be taught, Thomas Jefferson was essentially edited out of the subject matter required to be in the schoolbooks.

Right. This has gotten to be too silly!
Ed-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:19 PM   #140
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Can haz banana!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #141
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
This is what gets on my very last arse hair…. You ask em a simple, straightforward, honest question.
What do you get eh ?
Some condescending response from the mealy-mouthed crotch pheasants along the lines of its tooooo simple a question for such a complex subject !!!!
They are happy to jump all over the fucking star gazing, arithmetic, philosophy bullshit….looking for that gap that their collective sphincters ever twitch for. Just so they can spread their flaccid buttocks apart and shit their purile fucking fantasies into whatever small amount of space they think they’ve found…

They hop about from gap to gap like demented flamingos at a fucking temazepam party. Happy to pretend they have answers, (they are, after all, masters of fantasy.).
They impress no-one with their pseudo-scientific bullshit, yet, they are happy to engage in subjects for which their knowledge amounts to the square root of fuck-all…

But, ask em a simple question eh, and as if by magic…… no reply is the answer….

They don’t even have the common decency to acknowledge that they are dishonest useless fucking fantasists, whose weaselling responses aren’t really replies….

Fuck em.
You've got to take care of your ass hairs in later years. Some day, they may be all that one has to value in this shitty world. I made the mistake of growing my ass hairs out, and weaving them into a neck scarf for Lily's birthday a few years back. The bitch never even gave me a rim job! Oh, the folly of youth!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #142
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I wouldn't be too disappointed. she probably turned it in to one of these:

Hairshirt (Latin cilicium; French cilice).
A garment of rough cloth made from goats' hair and worn in the form of a shirt or as a girdle around the loins, by way of mortification and penance.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote