Old 01-24-2011, 09:34 PM   #61
kell
New Member!

Cool heyyyyy

" ONLY their religious beliefs set them appart. Each one of these Religious-psychosis strains developed their own HOLY TEXT....but each one, following the traditional beliefs, though distorted, of the Book of the Dead...."

Very correct, because the original Jews were Black. However, it is wise to realize that genesis, etc, are not simple copies of the book of the dead, they are a critique of it. The writers of the bible were the first people to put history and rules and law into one book. (aside from The Hindu Gita, which is brilliant).

However, Exodus has nothing to do with the BoTD, pal.

"If you can't believe in God, chances are your God is too small." - James Phillips
kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #62
Simoon

Quote:
word_sword wrote View Post
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/pac...sea&floc=wn-ns

Science: Bible's Red Sea Miracle Is Real?

This is what the book of Exodus says about the parting of the Red Sea:

Bla, bla, bla....

Oh, bloody hell. Not this claim again....

This fails before it even starts.

First of all, the Bible doesn't say there were 600,000. The Bible says there were 600,000 MEN. It doesn't say anything about the number of women, or children.

Then, the passage mentions the 'multitudes' of non-Jews. Who knows how many these were?

Exodus 12:37 The Israelites journeyed from Rameses to Sukkoth. There were about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children. Many other people went up with them...

Then it goes on to mention "droves of livestock...flocks and herds".

So, even if we are to take the claim that there were Israelite slaves in Egypt seriously, the number in reality would have been more than double 600,000. Most Biblical 'scholars' agree on over 2 million.

But here's the kicker. There is absolutely no evidence that there were ever any Israelites as slaves in Egypt. Nothing. No historical records or archeological evidence whatsoever. There is also no evidence that there were any Israelites in Egypt in any large numbers at all.

Not only that, simple calculations for over 2 million people, livestock, carts, elderly, the young, etc to cross the Red Sea at 17 miles across, would come to substantially longer than the day quoted in the Bible. Even if they averaged 3.5 mph (the average walking speed of an adult healthy make) and walked several abreast. But we know that there would be no way to average 3.5 mph with children, livestock, elderly, or the sick & injured.

Then, there is absolutely no evidence of any kind that a large number of Israelites spent any time in the Sinai Desert.

Funny how archeologists are able to find evidence of very small groups living in deserts as long ago as the Exodus was supposed to have occurred, but no evidence of 2 million living for 40 years in the Sinai...

This claim that Moses' parting of the Red Sea has natural explanations is specious, at best. It is made by people that are forced by modernity to see how silly their beliefs actually are, so they attempt to explain them naturally.

I have no respect for these people.

Edit: I didn't notice this thread was so old when I posted. Don't I feel embarrassed...

Last edited by Simoon; 01-25-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Simoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #63
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Yeah but it's an excellent response! Anyways, I appreciated it, for what it's worth.

I will add that natural explanations for ANY biblical event are specious at best.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #64
Simoon

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Yeah but it's an excellent response! Anyways, I appreciated it, for what it's worth.

I will add that natural explanations for ANY biblical event are specious at best.

Thanks!

I really shouldn't have used 'specious'. 'Ridiculous' would have been more apt.
Simoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #65
Qlidnaque

So... if science can explain the red sea parting phenomenon, it actually wasn't a miracle at all and just pure lucking out.

Moses wasn't really a miracle producer, he was just a lucky weatherman, good on him.
Qlidnaque is offline   Reply With Quote