Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #121
wilbo

Quote:
Now, seriously, why should we care that you are a Christian who believes in evolution and gravity? In other words, why are you bringing this information about yourself to this particular forum?
well for some reason it seems very important for you guys to know otherwise why keep asking?
wilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #122
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
well for some reason it seems very important for you guys to know otherwise why keep asking?
And an evasive troll!

It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #123
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Oh, NOW I get it! Wilbo thought this was a thread for stubborn Christians, and came to provide us with a perfect example!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 01-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #124
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
didn't come to sell Jesus, Jesus sells himself
The only evidence we have of Jesus being sold is by people who are, in fact, not Jesus.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #125
wilbo

its very simple really, fear combined with the reality of infinity just make me feel that science is just never going to give me the answers i need.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #126
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
Did somebody drag you into this forum against your will? You came here of your own volition, did you not?

So, what do you want?

It's a simple question. Why do you avoid giving me a direct answer to it?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #127
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
its very simple really, fear combined with the reality of infinity just make me feel that science is just never going to give me the answers i need.
Wow!

That's actually one of the first relatively honest answers I've ever heard from a Christian before!

Then I respect that position. It is not intellectually honest, but it is at least honest - in a relative way. I would suggest that you do not engage atheists in conversation about your beliefs. Nothing you could learn from us (most of us here are ex-Christians) will help to bolster your comforting delusions.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #128
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Did somebody drag you into this forum against your will? You came here of your own volition, did you not?

So, what do you want?

It's a simple question. Why do you avoid giving me a direct answer to it?
Because the truth is scary.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #129
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Just for the record, wilbo, actually I wish there was a god, and I wish that I could live forever, but I know better. Not all truth is what we wish it to be.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #130
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
OK.

I hope you can understand that, for the most part, others here do not share your "feelings." I, for one, am not living in fear of my own mortality. My eventual demise is inevitable, and I accept that.

Edited: Actually, to me, there is some comfort in knowing that there is an end to this strange, wonderful, scary, painful, delightful experience called living. When you know it will end, it's kind of hard to take it for granted. And then, I suspect that after 80 or 90 years of it, the prospect of oblivion is a welcome relief. For some, anyway.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 01-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #131
wilbo

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
OK.

I hope you can understand that, for the most part, others here do not share your "feelings." I, for one, am not living in fear of my own mortality. My eventual demise is inevitable, and I accept that.
of course
Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #132
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
Insecurity over a lack of control is understandable, as is the need for someone reliable to take charge.

For what it's worth, it's highly doubtful the fuzzy wuzzies are waiting for you in a jizlamic hell. C'mon, chill.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #133
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
wilbo wrote View Post
didn't come to sell Jesus, Jesus sells himself
Then why does he always need simpletons like you to push him?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #134
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Jesus is a whore?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #135
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Jesus is a whore?
Well, a fictional whore, and Christians are his pimps.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote