Rat Bastard

Sounds like lily to me.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #32
PollyP

Remember, you all asked the questions. I simply answered them
Old 10-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #33
R and All
Soon to be just another skull

Yes, it is apparent that you are extremely simple.

Reality is not a belief. We do not take it on faith, it confirms itself whenever we see physics, chemistry, biology etc. working as predicted by their various empirically obtained rules. - Sternwallow
R and All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #34
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
PollyP wrote View Post
1. You need God because you were created for his pleasure and the only way you will find out your purpose is through accepting God. You think your purpose is to be an atheist, but have you ever stopped to ask the creator what your purpose is? I'm sure you will find that it's not to be against the very one that created you.
First, so many misconceptions. My purpose is not to be an atheist, just as not believing in Santa Claus is not your purpose. It's a property I happen to have. Also, if I'm an atheist, why would I stop to ask what God's purpose for me is? I don't believe in God. I'm not against God, I don't believe it exists (or at best I believe any God that could exist seems to be a trivial belief). Your job in this thread is to attempt to convince me that God exists. After you've done that you can start speculating on God's purpose.

Quote:
2. You need Jesus to come into your heart because you are a sinner. Yes, you may disagree, but our very human nature proves it. Everyone is born with sin. Even as babies we express this through stinginess, greediness, and disobiedence to parents. If you die today without Christ in your life, you will not go to heaven. It's that simple, but yet we make it so hard.
Sorry, telling me I'm bad and I'm going to be tortured for eternity is not going to convince me God exists. I don't believe in metaphysical sin, and certainly don't believe in the unjust concept of original sin (which is what I assume you mean by being born with sin). Bringing the behavior of non-moral agents (babies and children) into this has nothing to do with anything.

Quote:
3. You need God because you won't be able to make it without him. Our lives are desgined as such that we will always need God. We were made to love him.
Make it where? Through life? That's certainly not true. Plenty of people make it through life just fine without believing in God. As for being made to love him (wouldn't that be "it"?), again, you're presupposing God exists, God created us, and God created us to love him (is he lonely?). Again, you're supposed to convince me God exists first, then you can get into reasons why I should worship it.

Quote:
4. You need God to feel the void in your life that you know is there but you probably wouldnt admit it.
The only void I feel right now is hunger, I need to make me some supper. Even if there was this "void", why would I choose your God to fill it? Why not our Jewish pal YHWH? Maybe tea with Allah? How about Cghene, or Krishna, or even the Screaming Blue Ants?

Quote:
I could go on and on and on. But the truth is, unless you recognize that you need God, then there's no amount of convincing I can do. Don't assume that your life is as well as it is because you did it. God allowed you to get to this point where I would log on to this site and write all this.
Wow. So even though I'm an atheist God gave me my job, house, possessions, interweb connection, as well as the interest and background in philosophy, just so I can start this thread and have you post here. Thanks God! You know God, while you were doing all this for me, there were billions of people actually suffering you could have fed, or clothed, or cleansed of disease, but whatever.

Quote:
So now you are without excuse. Now you know the answer. Choose life. Please don't die and go to hell if you don't have to. God desires that no man go to hell, but by not choosing God, that's what you choose.
Again, threats of eternal torture will do nothing but irritate me.

Quote:
Falling in love with Jesus was the best thing I EVER did.
Uhm...

Quote:
You think people just make this stuff up or it's just in our heads? It's worth the risk my friend. Take that leap of faith.
Yes, I do think people made this stuff up. That's not saying they didn't actually believe it, just as children actually believe in Santa Claus, but it still isn't true.

Swing and a miss! Who's up next to convert me?

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:12 PM   #35
PollyP

I am. The more complex a person gets, usually the dumber they become. God requires that we come to him as "little children". Thank god that I'm simple. I would hate to be so complex, so confused, that I am forced to not believe anything because I dont even understand the simplicty of life. Jesus is simple. Hey, this is an easy test we're given because Jesus already gave us the answer. He said choose Life, which is to chose him.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #36
PollyP

you know the truth. why you even care? just go ahead and curse God. Dont ask about him if all you want to do is argue the truth. you're not looking for answers, you're looking to argue because you want to excuse yourself from needing god but all you do is dig a hole for yourself. i have God, so i have the answer. you dont have God and that's why you're asking the questions.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #37
PollyP

but that's the point, to ask questions because you begin to recognize that there is someone greater than yourself and there is a void in your life. the answer will always be the same. JESUS. Goodnight and God Bless!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #38
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Well, I guess this thread is a bust, some people just can't resist posting pointless shit even when I ask nicely. Thanks cunts.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #39
Lily

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote View Post
Well, I guess this thread is a bust, some people just can't resist posting pointless shit even when I ask nicely. Thanks cunts.
Try the Ravioli thread, seriously. It is heavy duty philosophy and I think you will enjoy it-- http://ravingatheists.com/forum/show...t=11300&page=5
Old 10-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #40
PollyP

Of course people are going to object to my answers, sir! Isn't this an atheist site for pete sake? Your comment is kinda funny. Is that really you in the pic? Maybe I should load up a pic of me...or maybe not. I have a pretty nice smile, straight teeth.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #41
ocmpoma

"...you were created for his pleasure..."

Does this mean we're condoms?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 PM   #42
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
PollyP wrote View Post
I'm not a punk. I'm a girl named Polly. You can call me Polly or ma'am and that will be just fine.

1. You need God because you were created for his pleasure
Your god was created by man for HIS pleasure, and for some reason simple punks like you refuse to see the truth.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #43
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
PollyP wrote View Post
Sometimes the truth hurts and can even be a little scary, but it's still the truth.
sometimes a 12 inch cock up the ass hurts, and can even be a little scary, but it's still a 12 inch cock.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #44
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
PollyP wrote
You should try Jesus. Just try him.
Does he do anal?

Quote:
PollyP wrote
Jesus is reality. My friend, you didnt know that?
Sweetie: you have miles to go before you sleep, and miles to go before you sleep.

Jesus is a myth. And not even an original one. Sorry: them's the breaks.

Quote:
PollyP wrote
you can't shut me up. you need me.
Oh, for fuck's sake; who let Carico back in?

Quote:
PollyP wrote
Sometimes the truth hurts and can even be a little scary, but it's still the truth.
And the sooner that you accept that Jesus is a fictional character -- that he never existed as a real man, and that he's most certainly never coming back -- that pain and fear will start to go away.

Remember: you came here, to an atheist website. The fact that you're even curious enough about this website to come here means that you know there are no gods. Not even the one in which you happen to have been taught to believe.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:22 PM   #45
Kamikaze189

Quote:
PollyP wrote View Post
1. You need God because you were created for his pleasure and the only way you will find out your purpose is through accepting God.
2. You need Jesus to come into your heart because you are a sinner.
3. You need God because you won't be able to make it without him.
4. You need God to feel the void in your life that you know is there but you probably wouldnt admit it.
Reply to all: no.

Quote:
But the truth is, unless you recognize that you need God
You won't convince an atheist that they need god. We know what it's like to live without an imaginary father-figure watching us, and it's only scary for a little while. But then you grow up and out of it.

Quote:
then there's no amount of convincing I can do.
Then your time as an apologist is over. (Unless you want to target the gullible or the almost mentally handicapped population -- some people on TV have made successful businesses in that line of work)

Quote:
You think people just make this stuff up or it's just in our heads?
Yes, that's precisely what I'm thinking. And you agree with me about all religions except your own, most likely. How far-fetched would it be, then, that just one more religion is man-made?
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote