are at it again

what a suprise - religion trying to control women

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...Jloui6hKX8iajQ

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Choobus
I Live Here

I recommend against fucking Islamic misogynist bastards.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
psychodiva
I Live Here

mm - me too

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
ghoulslime
I Live Here

These vile animals are about as depraved as humans can be. Imagine having a life view that justifies murdering little girls for going to school.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
Eva
Super Moderator

fuck them fuck them fuck them fuck them all to death.

scum.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
fuck them fuck them fuck them fuck them all to death.

scum.
I struggle to be more charitable, but I don't think I can win the battle.

Intellectually, I know there are complex reasons why such madness flourishes unfettered in a place where rampant poverty and abject ignorance reign, but I cannot bring myself to accept that as a defense.

So, yeah, fuck 'em.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
Eva
Super Moderator

complex reasons, irre?
it's pretty simple to me....they consider women to be shit. so they treat them accordingly.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
Irreligious
I Live Here

I mean the reasons they treat women like shit (and men who are not among the ruling members of the tribe), and the reasons they cling to their harsh and unforgiving worldview and fear modernity and remain mired in poverty and in a perpetual state of noncooperation with the outside world and are constantly at war with each other.

The reasons for all this counter-intuitive behavior are complex.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
I mean the reasons they treat women like shit (and men who are not among the ruling members of the tribe), and the reasons they cling to their harsh and unforgiving worldview and fear modernity and remain mired in poverty and in a perpetual state of noncooperation with the outside world and are constantly at war with each other.

The reasons for all this counter-intuitive behavior are complex.
I think they are afraid of women. They don't understand the mechanics of the cave of creation, they probably harbor a severe vagina dentata phobia, and since camels bite back, they have to force their will on something fuckable that they can control.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #10
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
complex reasons, irre?
it's pretty simple to me....they consider women to be shit. so they treat them accordingly.
I don't think they think they are shit, providing they are compliant. But I think they are definitely afraid of educated women.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
I think they are afraid of women. They don't understand the mechanics of the cave of creation, they probably harbor a severe vagina dentata phobia, and since camels bite back, they have to force their will on something fuckable that they can control.
That's, um, plausible, but it's inadequate to explain why their ancient and seemingly, intractable fears have not given way to a more modern comprehension of women as human beings or why they steadfastly refuse to make any accommodations for ideas that might make life less harsh and stultifying for their women and themselves.

Religion explains part of it but, clearly, not all adherents of Islam treat their women (and themselves) so harshly. All I meant is that I do not know enough about the cultures, histories and life circumstances of the Afghani peoples to understand why they are the way they are. But, even if those pieces of the puzzle elude me, there are reasons, and they are likely complex.

And, as I said, I still struggle to accept that as an excuse. In fact, I can't.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #12
Tenspace
I Live Here

I wonder if it is based on their inability to reconcile their religion's strict laws regarding sex with human nature, specifically their inability to come to terms with sexual urges. For example, Taliban doctrine states, "Women should not wear high-heeled shoes as no man should hear a woman’s footsteps lest it excite him."

WTF? If a man is aroused by the sound of a woman walking, he really needs to get laid.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 12-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #13
Irreligious
I Live Here

In other words: They fear the power of the pussy.

Lots of men around the world do, but some of them manage to embrace the fear and enjoy it all the same.

The more I think about it, I'm glad I'm gay. It never occurred to me to look at women as less than people.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #14
Tenspace
I Live Here

I don't know if it's so much the Power of the Pussy that they fear, as much as it is the Male Orgasm.

"Mustapha, OMG(PBUH), there's a milky substance emanating from the end of my camel-dipstick!"

"Praise Allah, Achmed! It is the woman's fault! Did you hear her walking? Did you catch a glimpse of exposed ankles? What're you doing with that mirror on your sandal? You know that upburkhas are punishable by death!"

"Yes, punish her with death! She caused this terrible excretion and must pay with her life!"

Old 12-26-2008, 01:19 PM   #15
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Ablutions! Ablutions! She has soiled me.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote