Old 03-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #331
orangeitis

Oh, okay. I can't tell with these kinda of things.

I need to loosen up, I guess...

Christians! Want to convert some atheists? read this!
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #332
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Proud Atheist wrote View Post
WTF! Does anyone want to talk religion?
PA, I am happy to talk about religion. How do YOU feel about anal?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #333
Stevil

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
When we die, we go on to the next phase of life if, and only if, we have been converted into the spiritual nature of Christ. That next phase of life is similar to a lucid dream where the individual has vastly greater powers of creation and choice than they have in this physical world. And there are phases beyond that which I won’t go into in this post.
..and you know this because:
a) you have witnessed it first hand and come back from the next phase of life to inform us.
b) you know someone whom has witnessed it first hand and they came back and told you all about it as well as presenting some irrefutable, tangible evidence.
c) you have been taught to think that this is the case by people whom have witnessed it first hand and came back and taught you however they didn't have any tangible evidence but you believed them anyway
d) you have been taught to think that this is the case by people whom have been taught to think this way
e) you read a book which told you this was the case and you believed what was written down on (rice) paper
f) you read a book which you found confusing so you discussed this book with other people who understood the book and explained it all to you and you believed them
g) you read a book which you found confusing so you discussed this book with other people whom also found it confusing but they had been taught by others (through years of attending church service, bible study, bible camp) what message they should believe from the book
h) you had a dream and in your lucid dream, you were flying in the sky and had a magnificent cape which flapped around in the wind, beside you was Jesus, he had a magnificent cape as well and he was holding your hand (but not in a gay way) as you flew around together with big non gay smiles on your faces.
i) you had an experience where all the colours in the world melded into each other, you felt yourself lifting off the ground and floating on air, Jesus morphed out of the marijiuana smoke you were exhaling and told you how you would attain super powers in the afterlife.
j) you have always had an active, imaginative mind, in fact you find it difficult sometimes to tell the difference between reality and your own imagination. There was this experience you had, well you are not quite sure if you experienced it or if you imagined it but it felt very real. In this experience you become one with the universe, all of its mysteries were unraveled at the same time, everything became clear, you had full knowledge of everything and it all made sense. Once this experience was over, you forgot all the details about the answers to life's mysteries, but you do remember that Jesus will give you super powers in the after life.
Stevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #334
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

k) you are full of shit.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:25 AM   #335
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
k) you are full of shit.
You are the embodiment of succinct.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #336
Eva
Super Moderator

sol, when you drink beer, do you drink dos equis?

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #337
Sol

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post

Yup, if they got within 3 feet of each other, there would be a marked lack of speech, and possibly a little dribbling.....

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #338
Sol

Or waz you meaning this ???

Old 03-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #339
Eva
Super Moderator

ding ding ding ding.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #340
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Some of the things said about this man.

Quote:
At museums, he’s allowed to touch the art. . . . His blood smells like cologne. . . . Sharks have a week dedicated to him. . . . He once had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels. . . . The police often question him, just because they find him interesting.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #341
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
Why stop at dos equis? Surely Sol would follow through with tres or cuatro equis as a matter of basic protocol.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #342
Sol

Indeed I often follow through....it's an age thing

Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #343
Michael
Obsessed Member

Gather round, it's FUN STORY TIME!!!!

So I had never heard of Dos Equis before above mention, nor had I ever seen it in a a store here in Australia.

Tonight, after finishing my self-imposed alcohol embargo, I stopped off at my local store and, what would you know? There was one, lonely six-pack of Dos Equis sitting in the fridge.

So, I'm thinking god wanted me to drink this beer. It's the only possible explanation.

I just wonder how it's going to make me more christ-like.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #344
Michael
Obsessed Member

Also:
I would post a photo of my toasting you all with it, but then you would know what I look like and frankly we all know atheists are a bunch of crazy-ass stalkers.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:28 AM   #345
Eva
Super Moderator

it's crappy beer....but the ads rawk.

H. L. Mencken