Old 05-24-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
Tenspace
I Live Here

And here we have the Right Reverend Creighton Lovelace, who loves limelight as much as he loves thy neighbor. See, Pastor Lovelace (as he likes to be called, softly, with a hint of seductive gruffness) thinks the Quran should be flushed.

My favorite line? This gem: "I don't hate Muslims, I just hate their false doctrines."

Isn't that like saying, "I don't hate African Americans. I just hate their non-white skin."

Now, since Righteous Creighton believes, "I expected some people would be offended, just as if someone put up a sign that said the Bible should be flushed," he said. "That would offend me as a Christian. "This is America and we have the freedom of the press, so I have the right to put up this sign."

Do we have any enterprising members who might be close enough to Forest City, NC (near Charlotte?) who would volunteer to make good on Mr. Lovelace, and place a nice "Flush the Bible" sign near his church?

If you do, please take pictures, so I don't have to resort to making it up, like this:

or maybe this:

Tenspace

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
Tenspace
I Live Here

By the way, here is the real sign that Lovelace so loves:

Tenspace

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 05-25-2005, 08:48 AM   #3
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I was just in the frigging process of posting this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:04 AM   #4
Sir Sin-O-Lot

Even other churches are embarrassed.
Quote:
"If we want other people to respect our religious symbols and documents we need to respect the symbols and documents that they believe are sacred," he said. "What positive purpose does this serve? None. It's not going to make it easier to evangelize Muslims or foster respect for our religious beliefs."
He has a point, but they become even more embarrassed
Quote:
"It does not represent the sentiment of our convention," he said. "I can't speak for any particular church, but we are not in support of that."
And then Lovelace thumps his Bible
Quote:
"We are all told to be tolerant," he said. "You can be tolerant of other people, but that doesn't mean you have to accept anything that teaches against what is in the Bible."
Old 05-25-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
Tenspace
I Live Here

I'm really serious.... anyone in the North Carolina area who would like to post a nice sign across from this idiot's church?

Ten

Old 05-25-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

http://www.singingnews.com/radio/index.html

That's the link to the network that carries that station on his sign. The "radio" tab lists all the states in which they're carried, North Carolina leads with a whopping 68 stations. We could try the "contact us" link, and ask why they affiliate themselves with such a hateful man. We could ask a lot.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #7
Sir Sin-O-Lot

We should do that.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:16 PM   #8
Tenspace
I Live Here

I find it interesting that WEED is a Southern Gospel station. I bet they get lots of prank calls. :0

Tenspace

Old 05-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #9
Tenspace
I Live Here

If anyone is interested, here is the video of this fatass espousing his warped worldview. (Note... it's under the May 24 entry. Don't know how long until it scrolls off)

Ten

Old 05-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #10
Just Add Fire

i think this guy needs to be sent to iraq as a misionary and try to convert muslim POW's
Old 05-25-2005, 08:56 PM   #11
DMofD&D

This guy makes sick! I'm gonna go see if I can dig up his e-mail adress...

Be Right Back...
Old 05-26-2005, 07:56 AM   #12
Tenspace
I Live Here

What's taking you so long? ;)

Rev. Creighton "Creig" Lee Lovelace, Th.D
624 Shiloh Road,
Forest City, NC 28043-6965
email: cllovelace@blueridge.net
Home Phone: (828) 245-1057
Church Phone: (828) 245-3270
Office Phone: (828) 245-3134
Fax: (775) 245-3835

Any other info you need? :)

Ten