Old 03-28-2008, 07:23 AM   #16
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Aren't you really spending more time writing non-answers than actually just answering my question?
VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:24 AM   #17
Isilmë

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Yes. Of course.
why don't we see evidence of that? shouldn't practicing christians if they're right get more 'good luck' than everyone else?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:24 AM   #18
Lily

Quote:
VladTheImpaler wrote View Post
Aren't you really spending more time writing non-answers than actually just answering my question?
No.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:25 AM   #19
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Yes. Of course.
How can they make a difference? God (your God) is separate from time. It has already experienced everything in your life and knows every minute detail about your existence. How can it then possibly make a difference?

Can you give a reasonable answer based on logic?
VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #20
Lily

Quote:
Isilmë wrote View Post
why don't we see evidence of that? shouldn't practicing christians if they're right get more 'good luck' than everyone else?
Where on earth do you get this stuff? Do you suppose we pray to win the lottery? To back the winning horse? Luck?? Ye gods !!!

Are you familiar with the Our Father? If so, look at it. Look at the petitions in it. If you are capable of understanding them, you will understand far better what prayer is, than I can convey.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #21
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Prayers are simply a delirious manifestation of the Retarded, aka Christians, as a cough is of lung disease.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #22
Isilmë

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Where on earth do you get this stuff? Do you suppose we pray to win the lottery? To back the winning horse? Luck?? Ye gods !!!
no! i meant shouldn't christians get more stuff they pray for than, say, muslims?

Quote:
Are you familiar with the Our Father? If so, look at it. Look at the petitions in it. If you are capable of understanding them, you will understand far better what prayer is, than I can convey.
of course i'm familiar with that prayer. i'm not talking about forgive me/save me prayers. what i'm saying is when you pray for your grandmother to get better do you think that she has a greater chance of getting better?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #23
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Before Christ-psychosis show its neurological pestilence 1750 years ago plagiarizing Roman prayers. It was normal for people to belief in the efficacy of prayers in the 4th Century ce. Today in this 21st Century is indicative of a psychosis since we know the brain creates belief. In those days Belief originated in the heart.

Here is an example of a Latin Prayer for God Bacchus;

Nunc, o Bacche, tuis humiles advolvimur aris:
da mihi pacato vela secunda, pater.
tu potes insanae Veneris compescere fastus,
curarumque tuo fit medicina mero.
per te iunguntur, per te solvuntur amantes:
tu vitium ex animo dilue, Bacche, meo.

"O Bacchus, humbly now I approach Your altar.
Grant tranquil seas for me, Father, and a fair wind in my sails.
You are able to tame even the rages of Venus; Your wine a cure for
our sorrows. By You are lovers bound to one another; by You are their
bonds dissolved. O Bacchus, cleanse my soul of fault. ~ Propertius,
Eligiae 3.17.1-5 "

People are extremely ignorant and do not bother to question the ORIGIN of such retarded Christian beliefs. The answer backed up with evidence is the ancient ROMAN EMPIRE. The cult of the resurrected SON OF VENUS, pater patriae, savior, forgiver of sins, Divus Iulius ( aka Iulius Caesar, the man and god). There are plenty of Temples ( the vast majority converted into Churches) throughout the empire, including the one at mount Moriah in the City of Nuts, Jerusalem. God Caesar had blended with Iuppiter Optimus Maximus, both gods becoming one. After all the son of Venus who would become the Savior God Caesar became a flamen dialis ( Priest of Jupiter at 18 years of age).

It is funny to see the Jews banging their heads unknowingly at the walls of the temple erected by Herod ( who loved god Caesar and the sacred Iulian holy family) to their only true Messiah that had protected them from Satan ( the winged personification of the deicidal senate of Rome).

The retarded believe ( no evidence) Salomon erected this temple. While there is evidence it was a temple to Iuppiter Optimus maximus.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #24
Lily

Quote:
Isilmë wrote View Post
no! i meant shouldn't christians get more stuff they pray for than, say, muslims?
What sort of stuff? If you mean "does God hear their prayers?" Certainly, he does. Who gets more stuff? It is impossible for me to say. I can say with confidence that everyone who loves God and his neighbor is loved by him.

Quote:
of course i'm familiar with that prayer. i'm not talking about forgive me/save me prayers. what i'm saying is when you pray for your grandmother to get better do you think that she has a greater chance of getting better?
When I pray, I lay my wishes before God. He, of course, already knows my heart better than I do. I am the one that needs to remember that he is there, that he is in control and that whatever happens does not happen by accident. So, in a very real sense, prayer helps me. As far as helping Grandma? I don't know how to answer that. God invites us to ask him for the desires of our heart. Yet God has known from all eternity what we will pray for. Since every one of us can testify that we have had amazing answers to prayer, I posit that my prayer helped shape the outcome. But I don't know. What I do know is that prayer is far more about teaching me about God and strengthening my relationship with him than it is about getting something. Seeing how he works in the world is an important part of that.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #25
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
........you will understand far better what prayer is, than I can convey.
It's easy to understand what prayer is: have you ever been on the phone when the call is cut off, and you continue to say "hello, hello, can you hear me.." even after it has become obvious that nobody is there?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #26
Single Serving Jack
A caricature

Believing a prayer to an omnipotent deity will prompt that deity to grant it is the same as believing throwing three paper balls into a waste basket in a row will make your day better. Except the waste basket actually exists.

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day" - Douglas Adams
Single Serving Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #27
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Yet God has known from all eternity what we will pray for.
ergo we cannot have free will, and all suffering and evil is god's will and, ipso facto, god is the ultimate cunt.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #28
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Isilmë wrote View Post

The stupid retarded ignorant gullible superstitious Christians are not aware this "Our Father prayer" was COPIED from HUNDREDS of Roman prayers!. Those retards do not realize the ONLY Holy father in heaven was GAIUS IULIUS CAESAR!! Alas, there are TEMPLES to Him throughout the empire. Christians retards built Churches on TOP of many of these temples when they took over the Roman empire in the 4th Century contributing to its disintegration initiating the Dark Ages.

Here is the magnificent temple of the GOD Antoninus PIUS and his GODDESS Faustina ( a great woman loved by the Roman people) as it looked in 179 CE. No "Christian" perverted NUTS in those days.

And this is how it looks today. The retards converted it into a CHURCH as they did to ALL Roman TEMPLES throughout the vast Roman EMpire.! Christ-psychotics in their Christianity induced imbecility ignore these facts.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #29
Irreligious
I Live Here

Vlad, why are you baiting this poor woman? Lily is going to give you a dozen vague answers to your query that you'll never understand and each one will sound more absurd than the next.

Dude, she is living in an altered state of consciousness where an invisible (and don't forget immaterial) sky man actually gives a shit about her ridiculously short existence on this anonymous rock and where invisible (and don't forget immaterial) demons (with no real purpose other than to tick off an omnipotent and omniscient entity) are out to get her.

The sum-total of her whole life's goal is to reach nirvana instead oblivion when she dies. She'll beg, plead and kiss the wind's ass if it'll get her there. She simply does not want to not be. And she ain't alone, apparently. Lots of folks just want to live forever and won't take no for an answer while they're still alive.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #30
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
What sort of stuff? If you mean "does God hear their prayers?" Certainly, he does. Who gets more stuff? It is impossible for me to say. I can say with confidence that everyone who loves God and his neighbor is loved by him.

When I pray, I lay my wishes before God. He, of course, already knows my heart better than I do. I am the one that needs to remember that he is there, that he is in control and that whatever happens does not happen by accident. So, in a very real sense, prayer helps me. As far as helping Grandma? I don't know how to answer that. God invites us to ask him for the desires of our heart. Yet God has known from all eternity what we will pray for. Since every one of us can testify that we have had amazing answers to prayer, I posit that my prayer helped shape the outcome. But I don't know. What I do know is that prayer is far more about teaching me about God and strengthening my relationship with him than it is about getting something. Seeing how he works in the world is an important part of that.
Why don't you kneel and pray to Priapus? The prayer would be equally as EFFECTIVE. Remember the HEART is a PUMP. We are in the 21st Century not the 5th as you believe Lily. Please join us in this 21st Century where Neurology clearly proves where god comes from. 2+2=4 and not 6 as you insist. God doesn't exist.