Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 AM   #31
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Stupid wankers is a bit harsh, don't you think?*

Yeah, I thought so too, especially when the same individual twice called me a wanker. Funny how I didn't hear you protest then! But obviously, atheist trolls travel in packs, like wolves, to make any fellow atheists who stray into their territory feel welcome. So, when in Rome, do as the Romans do, so I too can call people wankers. And then good atheist hypocrisy surfaces.
No wonder atheists aren't welcome in schools, government, and the airwaves.
I made the unpardonable sin of posting a news item from a source where it wasn't dated, and this major trangression, of course, was worthy of name calling. If already seen, it was simply too much effort to make single mouseclick and move on. Any excuse to curse the poster, huh. Funny,though, discussion of a two thousand year old holy babble myth doesn't produce a chorus of whiners complaining it's too dated to discuss. Oh, the hypocrisy. What a lovely insight into the atheist personality.
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #32
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
You don't have to have a million dollars to do nothing. Take a look at my cousin. He's broke, don't do shit.
Two women at the same time.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #33
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
If malware can in any way enhance my wanking, then I am definitely in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you put it on, and what size would I need?
Try this one.....

Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #34
psychodiva
I Live Here

I've never understood why some people expect atheists to be a homogenous group of extremely moral and nice people- atheists are also human and do bleed and swear and treat people like shit- we merely do not believe in a god or gods.

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Yeah, I thought so too, especially when the same individual twice called me a wanker. Funny how I didn't hear you protest then!
Your GM friend called you a wanker? Why would I know anything about that? I don't know you or your friend who works at GM.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
But obviously, atheist trolls travel in packs, like wolves, to make any fellow atheists who stray into their territory feel welcome.
Slow your roll. My last post in this thread was not a personal attack on you. I didn't call you a troll or a wolf. Nor did I seek to hold you responsible for the behavior of others. I merely questioned why you would think that, just because someone was an executive at GM, that person should also to be computer savvy? In other words, what has one thing got to do with the other?

After all, I noted, you also displayed the limits of your knowledge about formatting on this very forum. Again, that wasn't an attack. It was the truth.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
So, when in Rome, do as the Romans do, so I too can call people wankers.
Who said you couldn't? I just asked you if you thought it was harsh to call someone who was trained to manage an auto company a stupid wanker just because he wasn't computer savvy? Apparently, you don't. That's all you had to say.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
And then good atheist hypocrisy surfaces.
In your mind, apparently.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
No wonder atheists aren't welcome in schools, government, and the airwaves.
Challenging anyone's religious beliefs without provocation (whether it's done by an atheist or competing theist) is unwelcome in public schools, government office buildings and over the airwaves. Most atheists don't share their views in such forums, particularly when there is no reason to.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
I made the unpardonable sin of posting a news item from a source where it wasn't dated, and this major trangression, of course, was worthy of name calling.
I didn't call you any names. If someone else here did, you need to take that up with them. Despite what you perceive, we're all individuals here, and I ain't nobody's grandpa. If you don't like honest responses to your postings, it's probably a good idea that you refrain from posting here.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
If already seen, it was simply too much effort to make single mouseclick and move on. Any excuse to curse the poster, huh.
I never cursed you. I don't do that unless and until someone curses me first. That's when I feel I have license to respond in kind.

If others here have cursed you, you shouldn't be holding me responsible for their transgressions. Respond directly to your tormentors. I'm not trying to be one of them.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
Funny,though, discussion of a two thousand year old holy babble myth doesn't produce a chorus of whiners complaining it's too dated to discuss. Oh, the hypocrisy.
I'm not seeing any hypocrisy. First of all, the New Testament is not 2,000 years old. Secondly, however old it is, it continues to have a grip on most cultures in the western world. That is what we discuss here and, if you will, whine about. You are under no obligation to join us if all the so-called whining offends you. Really, you're not.

This is not a public school classroom, or a government office building. Neither the FCC nor its equivalent elsewhere in the world has any control over what we post here, because it's not happening over the public airwaves. This is merely one of multimillions of community forums on the internet. There are plenty of others. Find one that supports your point of view. It's just a suggestion if you find the company here intolerable.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
What a lovely insight into the atheist personality.
Don't judge all atheists by the handful of people you've met here. Most atheists probably wouldn't be caught dead on an internet forum called the "Raving Atheists Forum." They more than outnumber us. Why don't you seek them out? I mean, they don't call this thing over which we are communicating the "world wide web" for nothing.

Otherwise, there are no hard feelings toward you on my part. Good luck to you in your endeavors.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 12-10-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #36
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post

I mean, weren't you the same poster who recently had a problem getting the YouTube coding to work for you on this forum? I'm just saying that a lot of this "computer stuff" is deceptively simple looking but is, in reality, confoundingly complex for a lot of average users.
If Atheists are so moral, howcum they're liars just like the bible thumpers? Here I stand accused of being an incompetent because I had trouble linking to a Youtube video. I have uploaded videos to Youtube and linked to Youtube videos on other forums with no problems.
In the case of this forum, you can check it out for yourself. Is it deliberately misleading so the pack of trolls can have some fun at your expense, or is it because it's the best an atheist wanker could manage to do?
Just go into message posting, and click on the Youtube icon. You'll get a little window prompting you to "enter your options". In any rational situation, you'd expect at least some hint as to what your options are, but no.
You're supposed to use your telepathic skills to know that it really means, "enter Video Title."
Of course, if you're a member of the troll pack, you'd have insider knowledge of that.
Then, you'll get some square brackets, between which to paste the Youtube url. Of course, they key info that you have to truncate the url, and only paste what comes after the = sign is withheld from you (HA HA!) and when you do try to paste that, it keeps going to the end of the display, instead of between the brackets. If you finally make some spaces between the brackets, then it will paste, and you need to delete the spaces.
But, if you didn't know that, you're a dumbass wanker.
See how good atheists are at making things user friendly? Makes you want to run right out and hire a few.

Atheist tire changing procedure:
Open glove box.
Place owners manual under passenger seat.
Roll down rear window.
Turn steering wheel 1/2 turn.
Switch on wipers.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #37
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
If Atheists are so moral, howcum they're liars just like the bible thumpers? Here I stand accused of being an incompetent because I had trouble linking to a Youtube video. I have uploaded videos to Youtube and linked to Youtube videos on other forums with no problems.
But you had a problem here when the rest of us didn't. I never judged you for it. But given the irony, I was merely wondering why you were harshly judging that poor GM guy. That's all.

Look. You don't sound like you're happy here. Why be unhappy here when you can be happy someplace else? Why burden us with your problems when you can share your sunshine with people you think deserve it?

Doesn't that make sense to you?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #38
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
I've never understood why some people expect atheists to be a homogenous group of extremely moral and nice people- atheists are also human and do bleed and swear and treat people like shit- we merely do not believe in a god or gods.
I'll never understand why people who make it clear that they dislike atheists, on principle, would bother joining a website called the "Raving Atheists Forum" and then expect to find any sympathy for that kind of behavior here.

Maybe they don't expect to find sympathy, but just like being martyrs?

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 12-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #39
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Hey, fret ye not Irr - Mr Serious thinks I was having a go at him in this post - I mean, it couldn't possibly have referred to the wiener chopper and god's ability to heal amputees.
.... and he's getting his panties in a twist over me getting deadly serious and spitting my dummy out here.
Somebody's gonna have to sign the sensitive little foreskin tugger up for some British humour lessons. Wanker.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #40
psychodiva
I Live Here

fuck it- I remember all the trouble I had working out that fucking YouTube wankery crap - without all the hindrance and roaring / pissing yourselves from you lot I might have worked it out quicker.

However, reign it in you were not requested to do (at the risk of sounding like Yoda!) as this is indeed Raving Atheists and we spend a lot of time laughing at / with/ for each other as well as yelling at / poking / taking the piss out of/ carping and downright spitting at each other regularly

so what of it

i never claimed to be more moral than anyone else - whatever that means

fuck it

Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #41
psychodiva
I Live Here

and everything Irre said (I wish to claim from heron in everything that Irre says as it will save me a lot of time and he is much more erudee- eridut-- verbose? than I am )

Old 12-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #42
psychodiva
I Live Here

heron?

Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #43
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #44
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #45
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
and everything Irre said (I wish to claim from heron in everything that Irre says as it will save me a lot of time and he is much more erudee- eridut-- verbose? than I am )
Yes, I am verbose. And very frightened of large, flesh-eating birds.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox