Old 08-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #16
Chris
Please vote!

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote View Post
Are we allowed to embed pics, now?
Yes, but if they aren't PG13, I might remove them.

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:29 PM   #17
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Chris wrote View Post
Yes, but if they aren't PG13, I might remove them.
Does the new server have a mountain more room? I like this way better- we don't have to go to photobucket or some other place. That whole upload biz is why I post very few pics.

Thanks!

Uh...is "Rat Bastard" PG13?

Last edited by Rat Bastard; 08-26-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #18
Rat Bastard

btw, I was at the store a few minutes ago (mmm..lamb chops!), and saw a book entitled "Guide to Faith for the Complete Idiot". I'm pretty sure there was a pic of that flower of life on the back cover.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

This guy's website reminded me of something Cal would put up.....

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #20
Choobus
I Live Here

why is this mystical ectojism in the mother fucking science section????

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:33 PM   #21
Rat Bastard

*sigh* n00bs
Old 08-26-2007, 08:43 PM   #22
Chris
Please vote!

Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote View Post
Does the new server have a mountain more room? I like this way better- we don't have to go to photobucket or some other place. That whole upload biz is why I post very few pics.

Thanks!

Uh...is "Rat Bastard" PG13?
Yes, there's ample server space. Plus due to donations there's plenty of money to acquire most space when we need it.

What I mean by PG13 is if I feel it would make me blush in front of my 13 year old, it's deleted and I let my kids watch stuff like The Hills Have Eyes 2. So it's not like I'm trying to enforce some anal ideal that tits and cocks don't exist.

What's nice about uploading pics is you can thumbnail them. (oh and you can upload other file types too)

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 AM   #23
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Who said "The complete fol is an interdimensional tool,a portal,a link back to awareness of the universal consciousness(god,the collective unconscious or whatever you would like to call it). The universal consciousness we were all part of before we entered this material world. " and what is their authority to make such claims?

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 AM   #24
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
andymonk wrote View Post
The complete ancient flower of life contains the tree,the fruit,the egg and the seed of life(pic1). The complete flower also contains the three dimensional metatron cube which holds all the platonic solids(pic2). Not just the building blocks of life,but the building blocks of creation itself.x http://www.sangraal.com/library/dedicated.htm
Naturally, being two-dimensional, the diagram does not, actually, hold any of solids, Platonic or otherwise. If it were 3-dimensional and, as you say, "contain" the others, it would be no more mystical than the solids themselves, that is, not at all. Try to remember that symbols and representations of things do not acquire features or attributes of the things represented. It is best to avoid one's natural tendency to magical thinking.

"O" is a symbol for the Sun. Please note that it is not hot.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:49 AM   #25
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Chris wrote View Post
Ok, you guys can stop being mean...

I actually saw a Flower of Life when I visisted Machu Picchu. I know it's supposed to be some mystical symbol but honestly it just looked like a really cool doodle to me.
You've gotten it. Regular patterns with lots of symmetry tend to be beautiful and intriguing. Primitive man saw in them his ability to control the interaction of lines and curves other than just drawing bison. I think that the birth of geometry came when ancient hunters needed straight arrows.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #26
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Am I the only one that noticed that this is nothing but a batshit-insane drive-by spammer with some shit blog?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #27
Chris
Please vote!

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Am I the only one that noticed that this is nothing but a batshit-insane drive-by spammer with some shit blog?
No. But he hasn't really done anything to warrant kick him in the ass yet.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #28
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
andymonk wrote View Post
If you relax(sit three feet away from the screen)and let the flower slowly draw your eyes out of focus,the flower will open. Try and not focus on any one point,blankly stare,take the flower in as a whole. Do not strain your eyes,as it will happen naturally. We do not see with our eyes,we see THROUGH our eyes. Let your mind focus,dont fight it. You may get a headache and itchy eyes,this will quickly disappear. This is not a known science,but if you let it happen,you will be supprised by what appears. 4love and light 2all x The complete ancient flower of life is not a stereogram,a magic eye image or any other man made optical illusion.[/size][/font]
BOO-YA! I found Waldo first, motherfuckers!

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #29
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
BOO-YA! I found Waldo first, motherfuckers!
Idiot, it's obviously a pic of a sailboat. Shows how enlightened you are.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #30
Eva
Super Moderator

prof, it smelled like kilik, but without the obsessive/compulsive thread starts....so, no biggie....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote