Old 10-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #61
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Wow! What a delicious idiot we have hooked for ourselves! Savor him while you can! This one will be dog food really quick.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #62
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post

(For future reference, dolt, there is no difference aside from scale in micro and macro evolution. Evolution is Evolution. It has been demonstrated as fact. Suck it up, you ninny!)
Excellent point, Ghoul. When biologists speak in overarching, general (layman's) terms, it's a convenient demarcation between speciation events. Ernst Mayr defines it in his book, "What Evolution Is", as thus:

Quote:
Ernst Mayr wrote
When we review evolutionary phenomena, we find that they can be assigned rather readily to two classes. One consists of all events and processes that occur at or below the level of the species, such as the variability of populations, adaptive changes in populations, geographic variation, and speciation. This class of phenomena can be referred to as microevolution. The other class refers to processes that occur above the species level, particularly in the origin of new higher taxa, the invasion of new adaptive zones, and, correlated with it, often the acquisition of evolutionary novelties such as the wings of birds or the terrestrial adaptations of the tetrapods or warm-bloodedness in birds and mammals. This second class of evolutionary phenomena is referred to as macroevojution.
- "What Evolution Is", E. Mayr, 2001 pp. 188-190

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #63
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Extra Stupid Theist was made backward, too, by his drunken Uncle Joe and several cousins, out behind the wood shed.
What? Are the farm animals okay?

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 10-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #64
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Ex Atheist wrote View Post
I completely believe in Jesus Christ and know why it is quite rational to do so based on the scientific and historical evidences ; my Faith is based not on checking my mind at the door, but on evidence/reason/rationale/...
Hey there nice to meet you. What's your proof of the existence of a god?
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #65
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Tenspace wrote View Post
What? Are the farm animals okay?

Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV
No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

Ex Atheist's accident with the randy goat and the unwilling chicken has cost him his soul!

Looks like his only hope is for a future in S&M beastiality movies.

Proverbs 26:3 A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:26 PM   #66
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
In order :

1. Yes im sure i believed in atheism as a worldview and lifestyle. For 10 adult years.
2. The Christian Faith/Theism is not solely faith-based ; it requires a small amount of faith which is based on reason which is based on evidence. Contrary to atheism which requires great faith in unproven theories.
3. I decided i wanted to be an atheist not because of the evidence for atheism, but rather, for the freedom it allowed me to live as i liked with no ultimate moral accountability. The atheism lifestyle offered me the greatest amount of personal hedonism especially in the area of the sexual .
4. I saw a burning bush just a couple of nights ago when it was on my outdoor bonfire.
5. I descended into atheism because it coincided with my lifestyle choices , my personal ulterior motives of wanting to practice moral rebellion which felt good at the time, and to not be shunned by the people I was hanging around with by admitting God had to be real based on our personal universe.
6. How long have you loved Jesus ?
What a shame that you spent ten years under the mistaken impression that you were an atheist.

Atheism is simply being without belief in god(s) or supernatural. It is not a worldview nor a lifestyle nor a philosophy. It has nothing whatsoever to do with hedonism or with rebellion or with nihilism. Atheists can be, and mostly are, kind, generous, charitable, involved with the community, honest, benign, loving, just and righteous in the sense of doing the right thing because it is the right thing and not for a selfish reward.

Religion is entirely based on faith because there is no evidence to support it. People who take scientific theories on faith are doing it wrong. Facts and knowledge trump faith every time. In fact, with practice, one can reasonably say they have no faith in anything, only knowledge and provisional acceptance that recognizes the incompleteness of human knowledge. I do not believe in evolution because it is a fact and I do not believe in the theory of evolution by natural selection because it has been well enough tested and observed to be accepted as a provisional fact. No faith required. Actually faith would diminish the reliability of knowledge since faith has been shown to be undetectably wrong so often.

Atheists are just as bound by moral codes as theists, or more so since atheist morals derive from real-life situations rather than a politically inspired book of fiction.

You seem to be saying that, without fear of divine punishment, you would wander the streets raping infants and killing everyone in sight, having sex with animals, destroying legitimate commerce within temples, invading people's homes, stealing whatever you liked? Is that the kind of person you are when you are off your leash? You make a pretty lousy member of the community then and it is a good thing that you believe in the fiction of Hell and behave yourself otherwise, for its own protection, the community would have to incarcerate you.

I am slightly confused by your #5. Since you wanted to be such a badass and to hang around with badasses, why would you not simply lie to them and deny God (MNQB) while still believing He existed? Can it be that your familiarity with Christian lying made you think that atheists do not lie?

#6 "ILJ" is satire, silly.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #67
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
I ridiculed Christians , told jokes about God, and even urinated on Church grounds.
who hasn't.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #68
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
In order : ...
Well, that puts me over the threshold of tolerance. He did demand abiogenesis as part of biological evolution after all.

Deliberately misquoting Darwin is a despicable lie.

Troll!!

Stuff him under a bridge somewhere.

He has incited his own ridicule.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #69
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Jahrta wrote View Post
I'm guessing your were the valedictorian of your homeschool?

Old 10-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #70
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
who hasn't.
I used to get high on the church roof in my neighborhood. They had this cool brick pattern up the side of the building, so easy to climb.

I saw my first dead body through the skylight.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #71
EngelFaeuste

Quote:
1. What have YOU done to look into the evidences for a personal Theistic Creator . Please list the sources youve gone to where you have diligently researched this issue.
2. Why are you an 'atheist' instead of an agnostic Seeker ? What is your personal ulterior motive for wanting to be an atheist ?
3. Does your human body look like it is a compilation of accidents upon accidents with some 60 systems working in delicate balance and in total unison ?
4. What concrete naturalistic source or process can you cite for abiogenesis being a fact ?
5. How does a materialistic universe give us highly non material personal traits such as reason, empathy, compassion, love, logic, intellect , and human rights ?
6. What is the benefit of no ultimate moral accountability in the life of an atheist ?
1. You're coming at us with a case for the existence of god, the onus is on you to dig up the evidence. Prosecution, please bring your own witness? Hello?
2. There is no personal motive... You don't seem to like the term atheist very much. Either way, atheist makes sense because there is no evidence for it. Your idea of god is just that, an idea with no tangible evidence resulting from scientifically valid experiments with reproducible results.
3. Nope. Evolution. Development of DNA is possible from amino acids over the time spans we're talking about when the creation of the earth is involved.
4. I hate throwing links but we HAVE created self replicating synthetic life from amino acids.
5. As far as we know, it's a matter of neurons releasing hormones which make you happy, natural weed you know? Like endorphins? Evolutionary responses to socially beneficial actions to encourage people to do the said action more. Sex is one of them.
6.Morality can be argued using the same idea stated in #5.

To sum it up, look around you, I don't know but I have the feeling that you're looking around the inside of your behind.

Always Thinking How Everybody Is Stupidly Tractable
EngelFaeuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #72
EngelFaeuste

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
You know, of course, having been an atheist, that the burden of proof is not on us to search for the evidence but for you the claimant, to present the evidence to us (or point to it if it is in some convenient common location accessible to all).

I wish these idiots would understand that instead of telling us to go and search within ourselves...

Always Thinking How Everybody Is Stupidly Tractable
EngelFaeuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #73
Ex Atheist

Kamikazee wrote : 'I'm an atheist because I believe god doesn't exist, at least as traditionally defined'

REPLY: And by making this absolute statement , you have confirmed it by examining all sections of the Universe behind every planet, star, sun, nebula, etc...and know with certainty that what you believe is absolutely true ? This is the absurdity behind atheism and why there really isnt such a thing as a real bonified 'athest' . What you should be saying is :

1. I dont see any leftover evidence from a personal theistic Creator having designed/engineered/created

--and/or---

2. I dont wish to acknowledge a personal theistic Creator even if there were evidence of such.
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #74
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Kamikazee wrote : 'I'm an atheist because I believe god doesn't exist, at least as traditionally defined'

REPLY: And by making this absolute statement , you have confirmed it by examining all sections of the Universe behind every planet, star, sun, nebula, etc...and know with certainty that what you believe is absolutely true ? This is the absurdity behind atheism and why there really isnt such a thing as a real bonified 'athest' . What you should be saying is :

1. I dont see any leftover evidence from a personal theistic Creator having designed/engineered/created

--and/or---

2. I dont wish to acknowledge a personal theistic Creator even if there were evidence of such.
Not so fast. Kamikazee did not make an absolute statement. It was provisional, the provision being "as traditionally defined."

It's quite reasonable to conclude, sans evidence for such, that either a giant, magic white man or a nebulous and logically inaccessible entity is the creator of the universe and is at the helm of it.

I'm sure you would dismiss the assertion that an invisible and undetectable, fuzzy pink rabbit is God. Yet, you would still be powerless to demonstrate that such an allegation is untrue.

Edited for clarity.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #75
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Not so fast. Kamikazee did not make an absolute statement. It was provisional, the provision being "as traditionally defined."

It's quite reasonable to conclude, sans evidence for such, that either a giant, magic white man or a nebulus and logically inaccessible entity is the creator of the universe and is at the helm of it.

I'm sure you would dismiss the assertion that an invisible and undetectable, fuzzy pink rabbit is God. Yet, you would still be powerless to demonstrate that such an allegation did not exist.
And 'traditionally defined' IS : A personal Theistic Creator who is over his Creation . A force or a part within Creation cannot be the Creator of the Universe because our personal Universe came into finite existence from nothing and requires a cause outside of the Universe. Personal NON material things as well as personality can only come from another of simular traits...and not the absurd atheistic belief from dirt, rocks, and other materials. How come you dont want a personal theistic Creator to exist ...what are the implications to God existing for your own personal life ? Please list. Thanks.
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote