Old 10-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #241
colpat

Greetings;
I feel blessed to have the challenge of a "meaningful dialogue" with several well-known atheists while sharing a meal. I am looking forward to a "meaningful dialogue" with the folks in this Forum.
What is your first question?
colpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:09 PM   #242
colpat

Greetings;
I was the "overgirthed and bald buffoon." I had several operations, began proper nutrition, and adopted a healthy lifestyle. I am down to my fighting weight, feel good, and take no medication.
Should we continue in this conversation or start a new thread?
What is your first question for me?
Old 10-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #243
colpat

No, hertz vanrental, you do not sound like a fuck' people person.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:42 AM   #244
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
colpat wrote View Post
Greetings;
I feel blessed to have the challenge of a "meaningful dialogue" with several well-known atheists while sharing a meal. I am looking forward to a "meaningful dialogue" with the folks in this Forum.
What is your first question?
My first question is this:

Man is a curious creature and seeks answers where none exist. Gods were invented by mankind, many, many, years ago in order to explain why the world is the way it is. Gods were invented to explain all manner of things such as the wind, the tide, thunder and lightning etc. In the past, Man even invented a god of wine (Bacchus).

Today, Man has advanced and grown up. Today, Man has science which can be used to explain why the world is the way it is. Man therefore no longer has need for the gods that he invented all those years ago and can dispense with them. The intelligent have indeed ceased their belief in gods. So, my question to you is, how come you still believe in one of the gods that Mankind invented all those years ago? Have you no wish to grow up?

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:52 AM   #245
colpat

Yes, I want to grow up. I joined the Forum to continue to learn/grow up. What evidence do you have for "Gods were invented by mankind"?
Old 10-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #246
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
colpat wrote View Post
Yes, I want to grow up. I joined the Forum to continue to learn/grow up. What evidence do you have for "Gods were invented by mankind"?
Atheism is not a claim to, or a belief in or of, anything. It is merely a response to a claim by religtards to the existence of god/gods. Since it is a religtard claim that god/gods exist, the burden of proof of the existence of gods/gods lies with religtards, not with Atheists.

To date, the burden of proof of god/gods remains since no proof has been forthcoming. Until such proof is forthcoming, it must be assumed that god/gods do not exist and are an invention.

Given that no Earthly, or otherwise, creature, other than Man, has been found to possess the skill of writing, it must be assumed that any and all writings relating to god/gods can be attributed to Man.

It therefore follows that, until such time as the burden of proof of the existence of god/gods has been met, Man invented god/gods.

If you are aware of any proof which shows that god/gods invented Man, please feel free to make us aware.

Old 10-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #247
colpat

I accept your view, "the burden of proof of the existence of gods/gods lies with religtards, not with Atheists."
Logically, doesn't an invention demand an inventor?
Old 10-23-2019, 12:07 PM   #248
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
colpat wrote View Post
I accept your view, "the burden of proof of the existence of gods/gods lies with religtards, not with Atheists."
Logically, doesn't an invention demand an inventor?
Yes - Man invented god. Problem?

Old 10-23-2019, 02:02 PM   #249
colpat

The problem logically is "if an invention is natural and an inventor is above natural, then god would exist as a supernatural being.
Old 10-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #250
colpat

If man invented god, who/what created man?
Old 10-24-2019, 12:29 AM   #251
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
colpat wrote View Post
The problem logically is "if an invention is natural and an inventor is above natural, then god would exist as a supernatural being.
WTF?

Man needed to explain the universe. In the pre-science days, he invented gods to explain. It therefore follows that Man invented gods. gods therefore cannot have invented Man since a) Man pre-dated the invention of gods and b) Inventing gods doesn't make them real.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:30 AM   #252
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
colpat wrote View Post
If man invented god, who/what created man?
FFS.

Man evolved.

Old 10-24-2019, 06:37 AM   #253
colpat

From what did man evolve? Are you suggesting that something came from nothing?
Old 10-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #254
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
colpat wrote View Post
From what did man evolve? Are you suggesting that something came from nothing?
Man evolved, ultimately, from sub-atomic particles. Can you show that a) Man didn't and/or b) Some form of god created Man?

Yes, something can come from nothing. Read about the experiments conducted by Fermi Lab. Are you suggesting that they falsified the results that a matter/anti-matter particle pair was not spontaneously created from nothing? AFAIK, this does not violate any known laws. Are you suggesting that the something coming from nothing violates known physical laws?

Old 10-24-2019, 09:42 AM   #255
colpat

Yes, the First Law of Thermodynamics, "matter can neither be created nor destroyed, only changed in form." The Second Law of Thermodynamics, "the change in form results change from order to disorder.