Old 01-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #31
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Francis and I aren't responding to you anymore if you keep responding to my poo-poo questions with poo-poo answers.
Poo poo to you and your hoodoo, you woo woo!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:58 PM   #32
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
I am not sure what you are saying, but I keep reading it over and over again, and I am really not sure why.
Maybe epigenetics won't describe the way instinct is passed on, you explained that rather well. But the field is investigating the methods that genes use to pass this information to one generation to the next. Is that better?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:12 AM   #33
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Maybe epigenetics won't describe the way instinct is passed on, you explained that rather well. But the field is investigating the methods that genes use to pass this information to one generation to the next. Is that better?
Uuuuuuh!

It was a valid point when you first made it. I was being facetious, suggesting that my own behavior was the consequence of instinct.

I am sorry my joke tripped on it's own feet. It's these goddamn eggs that have my feathers ruffled.

Silliness aside, we had this conversation a long time ago with Sternwallow. Many of our behaviors are certainly hardwired into our genes. I wish I would dig up the Sternwallow conversation about it.

Damn, I miss him!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:45 AM   #34
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Michael,
If you say that some origin hens sat on her eggs, you have still not answered my question! Why did some origin hens sit on their eggs? or in general, why did origin hens protect their eggs? what was the feeling link between hens and their eggs?
Why did they protect their eggs? Why do you think? Dangers like environmental factors and predators most likely.

Quote:
Is it clear? See my question is not regarding evolution and ....
Maybe, but the answer is still evolution and natural selection.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:04 AM   #35
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Uuuuuuh!

It was a valid point when you first made it. I was being facetious, suggesting that my own behavior was the consequence of instinct.

I am sorry my joke tripped on it's own feet. It's these goddamn eggs that have my feathers ruffled.

Silliness aside, we had this conversation a long time ago with Sternwallow. Many of our behaviors are certainly hardwired into our genes. I wish I would dig up the Sternwallow conversation about it.

Damn, I miss him!
Sorry I didn't get it.

I've been reading a few of the debates from a few years ago. I haven't found that thread yet.

Reading the old threads leaves me in awe of Sterny, such a great mind. Missed very much indeed.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:10 AM   #36
ahoba

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Why did they protect their eggs? Why do you think? Dangers like environmental factors and predators most likely.
Michael,
Why did origin hens consider eggs valuable and deserved to protect? Answer me please. What is that feeling link between hens and their eggs??
Hens make nests to lay the eggs. It is strange, isn't it?

It seems they follow instruction.

Look:
1- Hens cannot pass instructions to the chicks before hatching! Right?
2- And also, they cannot pass to them before laying through genes for example since hens did not get the instruction yet. The hens will got it after laying. Am I right, ghoulslime?

The two points reject the trait passing. Mean, the question is still not answered!

Last edited by ahoba; 01-20-2015 at 04:39 AM.
ahoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:13 AM   #37
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
Michael,
Why did origin hens consider eggs valuable and deserved to protect?
Why do you think? Do you find it difficult to think hens would want to protect their potential offspring?

Quote:
Answer me please. What is that feeling link between hens and their eggs??
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you are trying to ask here.

Quote:
Hens make nests to lay the eggs. It is strange, isn't it?
No. Why do you find it strange?

Quote:
It seems they follow instruction.

Look:
1- Hens cannot pass instructions to the chicks before hatching! Right?
2- And also, they cannot pass to them before laying through genes for example since hens did not get the instruction yet. The hens will got it after laying. Am I right, ghoulslime?

The two points reject the trait passing. Mean, the question is still not answered!
Again, I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. "They cannot pass to them before laying through genes". I've cut you a lot of slack on your writing because I am assuming english is not your first language, but you'll need to have another crack at that one, it's just a little bit too unstructured for me to make out.

Another thing - since it's becoming increasingly obvious you didn't come here to genuinely seek answers and understanding from us but to push an agenda, you will likely see less patience in our answers here, as none of us will put up with that sort of dishonesty for long.

- selliedjoup
Old 01-20-2015, 06:26 AM   #38
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Ahoba, please put us out of our misery, the suspense is killing me.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #39
Davin
Obsessed Member

Did anyone else read the thread title and think it was a setup for a joke?

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:36 AM   #40
ahoba

Quote:
Another thing - since it's becoming increasingly obvious you didn't come here to genuinely seek answers and understanding from us but to push an agenda, you will likely see less patience in our answers here, as none of us will put up with that sort of dishonesty for long.
You are wrong. I am trying to get the answer from you but unfortunately you seem either not understand or answer in correct way!!

Do not worry we will soon finish.

You says 'Do you find it difficult to think hens would want to protect their potential offspring?'
Good! You mean that the hens know that eggs will hatch and get chicks!

How do they know? What is the difference between their shit and their eggs?
ahoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #41
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

.....yes?.....and?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:02 AM   #42
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

My chickens 'know' to not sit on their eggs.
They're unfertilised and I grab them every morning for my brekkie.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:22 AM   #43
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Ill tell you Ahoba. God tells them to do it.......... every night. Only chickens can understand the true word of God. No other animal. They have all the secrets and all the knowledge. I am with you on this one brother. And curse those French fuckwits for occasionaly using chickens in their cartoons....probably.
So in answer, God, or Jesus....sometimes Mohammed....tell all chickens to sit on their eggs and sometimes to shit on them if it is a bit cold.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #44
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
You are wrong. I am trying to get the answer from you but unfortunately you seem either not understand or answer in correct way!!

Do not worry we will soon finish.

You says 'Do you find it difficult to think hens would want to protect their potential offspring?'
Good! You mean that the hens know that eggs will hatch and get chicks!

How do they know? What is the difference between their shit and their eggs?
Okay. The problem is, though, that it is very atypical behaviour for someone to come in claiming to be genuinely seeking information, ask a question, then tell the person answering they are answering wrong.

What you seem to want is for us to give you a specific pre-determined answer. This is not seeking information. This is seeking an agenda. We get a lot of people using this method here. You are not the first. We have gotten good at spotting it.

As for the difference between a chicken's poop and it's egg - do you know what a cloaca is? Look it up. Birds pass all of their waste products simultaneously, which is why bird shit usually has a viscous quality. Eggs are not bird shit. I'm sorry, but this is a ridiculous question.

- selliedjoup

Last edited by Michael; 01-20-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #45
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

I used to pass a Chicken Killing Store in the Middle East. Lots of chickens waiting to be pulled off their eggs, have their heads stuffed into a bucket and then get it chopped off. Lots of shiny stainless steel, good attempt to make it seem modern and all, but the buckets were pretty low-tech.

I wonder what happened to those eggs?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote