Old 02-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #31
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
You are entitled to your opinion.........just as I am.

How about opening up your mind a wee bit...see for your self....

look at the way politicians today are being 'worshipped' - look at the Obama campaigne in the States.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

What is it?
I can't watch your presumably shitty youtube video here at work, so I can't address it. But I'm a volunteer for the Obama campaigne and I assure you I don't worship the man.

Do you spend time railing against Presidents' Day, Lincoln's Birthday, Washington's Birthday, Martin Luther King Day and Columbus Day?

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #32
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
Whats the problem?
A bit of self reflection isn't out of order is it? Do you expect 'everyone' at this little neck of the woods to be exactly the same? Wear a uniform? You'd think so wouldn't you.

For fuck sake...look around you? Are you alone at your computer or what? Get real mate.
It's a fucking site for folks who are not religious. Why are you making a big deal of it? Nobody's asking you to wear a uniform, but why must you come here and shit all over the party? Some people are loners, like you, but that ain't everybody. Folks that like to congregrate generally do so over things they share in common. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #33
Pussy

Shouldn't you be doing your work?

Because you happen to be a working (unpaid) for the campaign of your choice...does that mean I or anyone who pops onto your computer screen MUST observe your political, social ideology or if you want to call it...American based holidays. ? No

Do you really believe everyone on the net are american's? or give a shit about that nations 'hero's' No

Which reminds me. Instead of ' worship'...What would you call it? Hero worship?...Nationalism? Group building..Ra Ra Ra..?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #34
Irreligious
I Live Here

Where the fuck did all these crazy people come from all of a sudden?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #35
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
Shouldn't you be doing your work?

Because you happen to be a working (unpaid) for the campaign of your choice...does that mean I or anyone who pops onto your computer screen MUST observe your political, social ideology or if you want to call it...American based holidays. ? No
Umm...where are you getting the idea that I think otherwise?

Quote:
Do you really believe everyone on the net are american's? or give a shit about that nations 'hero's' No

Which reminds me. Instead of ' worship'...What would you call it? Hero worship?...Nationalism? Group building..Ra Ra Ra..?

1.) Darwin was British.
2.) Respect? Revere?

Seriously, everyone, where are all these fucking crazy people coming from? Most of them can't string together a fucking sentence. Between this person, the chin-chin-a-roo chick, dogpet, and that other new guy, I've barely been able to understand a handful of their posts.

Is this some kind of joke somebody is playing on us?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #36
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Where the fuck did all these crazy people come from all of a sudden?

Great minds!

First Kate, now you...

Old 02-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #37
Pussy

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
It's a fucking site for folks who are not religious. Why are you making a big deal of it? Nobody's asking you to wear a uniform, but why must you come here and shit all over the party? Some people are loners, like you, but that ain't everybody. Folks that like to congregrate generally do so over things they share in common. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
Uniforms?
Ever heard of speaking metaphorically?

& if its not a BIG DEAL to you (and the cohesiveness of this little online group) why is it such a problem for you that someone has a different opinion?

Unless you go to strictly run groups...like some church, prision which tries to control the members ? Its very unlikely for every single member of any particular group is exactly the same or have the exact same life experiences.

Like I said..'ra ra ra' yay team. I'm not a xian ..or religious is that the only ticket into this chatroom or do I have to be something else in order to conform? Friendly? ...nah you lot aren't, so what..do newbies have to submit ? A bit of arsekissing?

Oh dear ..

Last edited by Pussy; 02-13-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #38
Pussy

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post

Great minds!

First Kate, now you...
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Umm...where are you getting the idea that I think otherwise?

1.) Darwin was British.
2.) Respect? Revere?

Seriously, everyone, where are all these fucking crazy people coming from? Most of them can't string together a fucking sentence. Between this person, the chin-chin-a-roo chick, dogpet, and that other new guy, I've barely been able to understand a handful of their posts.

Is this some kind of joke somebody is playing on us?
to finish your quote....'great minds'.......'think alike'...

Fucking prexactly!
Why does everyone feel the need so desparately to have their group so tightly cohesive.and thinking and behaving the same?

typical 'us & them' mannerisms...Some of you here are asking 'what's with the crazy people" ?
Farfucking out ...this is precious!
Group Demonisation of the 'other'...sociology 1.

...you then stoop to petty picking on gramma?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #39
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
You are entitled to your opinion.........just as I am.
Absolutely. You would never get an argument from me on this point.

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
How about opening up your mind a wee bit...see for your self....
Oh, is that it? I'm having trouble opening my mind, that's why I'm having trouble understanding your genius?

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
look at the way politicians today are being 'worshipped' - look at the Obama campaigne in the States.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

What is it?
So, you're basing your understanding of the US political scene on a youtube video? Hmm, that is genius!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #40
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #41
nkb

I admit it! I clicked OK.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #42
Pussy

You are assuming a great deal about what I am and what I know
do you do that often? Jump to conclusions like this? & Play judgement Day? (insert your MontyGod atavar here)

(and lets how many other member's rally forth to try and poke sticks and wave their silly pictures around........................hahaha... very apt behaviour in this thread dedicated to Dawin. Apes ? so cute)
Old 02-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #43
nkb

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
...you then stoop to petty picking on gramma?
Whose gramma was being picked on? It's not nice to pick on little old ladies.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #44
Pussy

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Whose gramma was being picked on? It's not nice to pick on little old ladies.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #45
nkb

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
You are assuming a great deal about what I am and what I know

do you do that often? Jump to conclusions like this? & Play judgement Day?
What? What does my avatar have to do with anything?

I ridiculed you because you are backing an assertion you made about the "worship" of a politician by posting a link to a youtube video.
Are you saying that we can infer something about the population at large from a youtube video?

Quote:
Pussy wrote View Post
(and lets how many other member's rally forth to try and poke sticks and wave their silly pictures around........................hahaha... very apt behaviour in this thread dedicated to Dawin. I love the big ape!)
I can't make heads or tails of this part.

George Bernard Shaw