Old 07-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
magx01

Ray Comfort Thinks People In Jail Shouldn't Get Basic Rights

Check it out

An excerpt: "We live in a society that has forgotten the meaning of justice. The word has been twisted by contemporary society from meaning administration of deserved punishment to "rehabilitation." A prison is no longer a place of punishment for guilty criminals, but a "correctional" facility. "

Additional excerpt: "So how is this self-confessed murderer whose hands drip with the blood of John Lennon, being punished? He is given regular free food, a warm bed, the security of a steady job in a bad economy, and regular sex . . . all for shooting John Lennon in the back."

I left him a comment: "You profess to follow Jesus Christ, the supposed saviour of humanity, and my understanding of this person (real or not) is that he would never claim that the meeting of someone's basic needs precludes them from being punished. What he did was horrible, and this is why he has spent 29 years in jail. You said the word justice in your post, and justice is supposed to mean fair treatment, not just punishment. If you fid the meeting of basic needs to be an affront to justice then I shudder to think of what you envision for a proper system of justice. And given the fact that I am supposed to be an immoral person (seeing as how I am an atheist) and you profess this Christian morality....yes, flummoxed is certainly apt. And I don't mean a facetious confusion, I'm seriously shocked by this post. I guess you must be an Old Testament fan? "

Ironically, if he is repentant, he will supposedly end up in heaven, as dictated by the most just one of all, by Ray's standards. Wonder how he feels about spending his eternity with the guy? Is THAT justice? Getting the same reward as a "messenger of god?"
magx01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
GodlessHeathen
Obsessed Member

Considering that Ray Comfort is a fucking moron who believes that the Cavendish banana is proof of gawd's existence, I don't think he is considered someone whose opinion on anything should be even remotely considered.

Christian: One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbor. - Ambrose Bierce
GodlessHeathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
magx01

Quote:
GodlessHeathen wrote View Post
Considering that Ray Comfort is a fucking moron who believes that the Cavendish banana is proof of gawd's existence, I don't think he is considered someone whose opinion on anything should be even remotely considered.
Well, to be fair, the banana thing was pretty funny. He provided us all with laughter, so in that sense, he's proven himself to be slightly less than usele- ah, fuck it, who am I kidding, he's useless.

Seriosuly though, you're right, but the problem is, he actually engenders esteem in some circles (ugh) and therefore presents a danger to, well, everything reasonable, when he posits his contradictory bullshit.

Look at the other posts on the front page there.....yikes.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
Radicalstripper
New Member!

Ray Comfort is a fucking moron. I bet all his followers ate that shit up. Just like the banana 'nightmare' he did. The audience went crazy for the banana speech. I would hate to think that christians really are that stupid. So his gripes are food, warmth, and a bed?? Yikes.

I am your invisible, omnipotent stripper. PM me if you would like me to dance for you, and I will tell you where to send your tithes.
Radicalstripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
Eva
Super Moderator

you sound so restrained, stripper....lol....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #6
magx01

Quote:
Radicalstripper wrote View Post
So his gripes are food, warmth, and a bed?? Yikes.
Well, ya, he does follow the god of the old testament after all....
Old 08-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
psychodiva
I Live Here

wonder what he would say about Kent Hovind

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #8
magx01

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
wonder what he would say about Kent Hovind