Old 12-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #16
ubs
I Live Here

James Gurley died.

Now the lord really can buy him a color tv

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #17
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Who?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #18
ubs
I Live Here

Janis Joplin's guitarist. Hence the remark.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #19
Lily

Now I am really confused. Shouldn't it be a Mercedes Benz?
Old 12-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #20
ubs
I Live Here

You guys really should know this song. Old weird Janis deserves to be remembered.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #21
Lily

Hey! Give credit where credit is due! I do know the song. Who prefers a color tv to a Mercedes Benz?

Oh, too funny! I started playing the clip. Lucy (the smartest of the furry brood) put up with 10-12 seconds and then stalked off with the most disgusted look on her face. Poor weird Janis, indeed, when even a very friendly cat is an unfriendly critic.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #22
Eva
Super Moderator

funny?

funny is when crazy cat ladies start anthropomorphizing their cats.......

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Hey! Give credit where credit is due! I do know the song. Who prefers a color tv to a Mercedes Benz?

Oh, too funny! I started playing the clip. Lucy (the smartest of the furry brood) put up with 10-12 seconds and then stalked off with the most disgusted look on her face. Poor weird Janis, indeed, when even a very friendly cat is an unfriendly critic.
Funny that the crazy cat lady holds her cats as cultural advisers!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #24
Lily

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
funny?

Have I been neglecting you Eva? This is unusually weak even for you. Exactly where do you see any anthropomorphizing of the cat going on? Have you never seen a dog or cat leave a room in which unpleasant sounds or odors are present?

You have got to try harder in the future. Really, this one does not make you look good...
Old 12-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #25
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Who prefers a color tv to a Mercedes Benz?
I know some people of the Jewish persuasion who won't get in a Mercedes Benz. Something to do with the holocaust.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #26
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
funny?

Why not, Egyptian infected with Faith-psychosis did it 5000 years ago, the name was Bastet..so it is logical hat a person infected with Christ-psychosis anthropomorphize everything. It's in the nature of people affected by this devastating delusions accepting disorder that nobody seems to see by calling it Religious Faith....but excreta regardless for what name it is called shit will remain.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #27
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post

me bloody awful gas guzzling cars usually driven by entitled pricks

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #28
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
me bloody awful gas guzzling cars usually driven by entitled pricks
Old merc engines used extensively in Africa, as they were about the only diesel car at the time. They run on hemp. love & peace diva

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #29
Eva
Super Moderator

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Have I been neglecting you Eva? This is unusually weak even for you. Exactly where do you see any anthropomorphizing of the cat going on? Have you never seen a dog or cat leave a room in which unpleasant sounds or odors are present?

You have got to try harder in the future. Really, this one does not make you look good...

oh, sorry, it's not antrhopomowhatever. it's projection. cats can only have cat faces.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #30
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
On what basis would a human being use a cat to judge whether the sound of a particular piece of music is pleasant or unpleasant? What else is the person who takes his or her cat's reactions to a piece of music seriously doing if not anthropomorphizing?

Who the hell cares what sounds pleasant or unpleasant to a cat? They eat mice and drink out of the toilet. Do you consult your cats for dining and drinking tips, too?

Quote:
Lily wrote
Nope. You're still the reigning champ at looking bad here.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote