Old 05-07-2018, 09:44 AM   #361
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Proof of Free will:

1) T = 0 Individual reflects on possible action (A vs. B)

2) T = 1 Individual freely, based on his/her own will and judgement, decides A

3) T = 2 Individual enacts A

4) T=2 did not exist at T=1 or T=0, therefore free will exists.
The fact that you could have given no other response when replying to your own question, (), or indeed answering yourself in the first place, (), flies in the face of your free will claim.
The brain initiates a binary decision 10 seconds before you think you have chosen. No free will.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #362
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post

2) How do you know that the choice of A is based on free will? The individual may not be aware that the choice is determined by an external entity.
IQ 5.9 will think "entity" refers to some creature. He could never think anything else.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #363
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
The brain initiates a binary decision 10 seconds before you think you have chosen. No free will.
Please cite the study reference which shows this?

My understanding of how physics as it relates to brain function is got to do with quantum mechanics.

We know that all reactions start from small to big, and the initiating actions from the quantum world are uncertain, random if you will. Not necessarily binary by the way - there are infinite random manifestations.

Our brains are constantly firing, thinking.

Our will (free will) gravitates our thoughts towards a certain subject matter. When we ponder an action to take, the actions will be limited to those relating to the pondered subject matter. The quantum effects leading our thoughts will be limited to this scope. There is still free will, we are not governed by quantum mechanics.

Example

We feel hunger
Our mind ponders food - what food to eat?
All possibilities in our memory are lined up - we will choose an item or items.
Quantum fluctuations may lean our brains to contemplate something we don't want - perhaps pork, but we don't like the taste.
Our will commands our brains to over ride this decision process - and try again - eventually quantum fluctuations lead to a decision in keeping with our will, our desire.
So we control - our will has governance, not physics or nature.

Free will exists.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #364
dogpet
Obsessed Member

See we both did it again! We couldn't stop ourselves if we tried.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:21 AM   #365
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
See we both did it again! We couldn't stop ourselves if we tried.
Ha Ha I see what u doing

T = O think of action

T = 1 perform action

T= 2 Review T = 0 and T = 1.

Since action cannot be changed we had no free will in performing it.

But fuckhead, at T = 0 and T = 1, at that time the action was performed freely. Once the free action is performed it cannot be reversed, that's all - you are inappropriately conflating set prior history with a lack of free choices has history is manifested.

There is no lack of freedom here.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #366
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

Since action cannot be changed we had no free will in performing it.
Any change would have to be made long before you knew you were doing it.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:43 AM   #367
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
sORE LOSER.
As usual, weirdo vermin android IQ 6, you put forward some fallacious argument which is supported by faith but totally unsupported by logic and evidence. Then, like a pigeon on a chessboard, you shit all over the place, knock all the pieces over and then claim victory.

You are a lying, dumb-fuck christard with an IQ of 6 that believes in sky fairies and that ghosts, not only exist, but that they can rape and impregnate women. We should expect little else of you.

You epitomise Dunning-Kruger.

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #368
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
IQ 5.9 will think "entity" refers to some creature. He could never think anything else.
The assumption is that weirdo IQ 6 thinks. This is a gross assumption. I've yet to see some evidence.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:14 AM   #369
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
sORE LOSER.
I suppose we should congratulate Andy for spelling loser correctly. I'll raise his IQ to minus 17. god knows whats happening with his caps key though.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:51 AM   #370
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
The assumption is that weirdo IQ 6 thinks. This is a gross assumption. I've yet to see some evidence.
I wish we had better trolls. It's fatal to concede the tiniest point to this one, or it becomes a three pager with you as the proof.

Old 05-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #371
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Looser0.66 wrote View Post
I never said evil doesn't exist in Heaven.[...](remember Lucifier?).
So evil exists in heaven, got it.

There is more and more reliable evidence for Spiderman than there is for Lucifer, dumbass.

Quote:
Looser0.66 wrote
The reason I point out that you would ratherp[...]
Doesn't matter. Stop thinking like a child.

Quote:
Looser0.66 wrote
You suggest God is weak because he allows free will[...]
No, learn how to read. You are suggesting that your god is weak because you're suggesting that the creator of everything who is all powerful can have its plans circumvented by humans. Either everything is according to god's plan, therefore all the evils are done by the all powerful being, or the god is weak.

Quote:
Looser0.66 wrote
[...]God might be able to peak ahead in time, to see what we freely chose dumbfuck.
If the god put every single particle into place intentionally, and can see how each particle will affect our decisions, then the god made us behave the way we behave and we don't actually have free will. I know this basic logic will be too hard for you, but maybe when you stop thinking like a child you'll be able to handle it.

Hey, if you want to pretend that you're smarter than me, go right ahead. Your childish wishes don't actually affect reality.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #372
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
I suppose we should congratulate Andy for spelling loser correctly. I'll raise his IQ to minus 17. god knows whats happening with his caps key though.
It was probably just a typo that made the idiot accidentally spelled it correctly.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #373
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
I wish we had better trolls. It's fatal to concede the tiniest point to this one, or it becomes a three pager with you as the proof.
I too wish that we had better trolls.

What I have problems with is weirdo android IQ 6.

The papist bitch, mary, if one excludes her belief in sky fairies, is fairly normal as christards go but weirdo android IQ 6 is a different kettle of fish. He's off the scale of weird. What kind of person is it thinks about sucking a dead guy's dick, ffs? He even wanted to shit in KA's mouth and then fart in KA's face. Or was it fart in KA's face and then shit in KA's mouth? Whatever. I mean, what kind of weirdo thinks up stuff like this? There's little wonder that he can't spell and has fucked up logic.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #374
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Davin and Hertz, get each others phone number and start dating!!!!

Some things are just meant to be...
I can see that this is very important to you, either that you are like a simple child who genuinely wants it to happen or that you think it is insulting to us. In either case, you have a lot of growing up to do. In the latter case, why do you think it would be insulting to us? Because I can't find a reason why it would be insulting, it's just stupid.

Old 05-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #375
Noodle

We need more atheist babies.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote