Old 07-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
Cap'n Awesome

I know that it's hardly as popular as saying Fuck Christianity, or Fuck Islam. But this is something that really needs to be said, less more eastofile hippies decide to believe in this stupid shit. Sure Buddhism doesn't neccesarily have the giant man in the sky, but it's not as though Karma, Reincarnation, Nirvanna, etc are that much less stupid.

Ooooohhh, but they are a peaceful religion! Big deal, name me one religion that doesn't claim to be peaceful. The largest single massacre until Auschwitz was committed by a Buddhist. In addition the Kashgar Buddhist Kingdom of Central Asia was oppressive to other religions far more then their Muslim neighbors. The Buddist Church in Japan was nothing more then a money hungry power grabbing organization for hundreds of years. Money grubbing, Massacre committing, oppression? Could it be that the history of this 'Peaceful' religion is no diffrent from other world religions?

Today Buddhists are no better then any other religion. They are prehaps the most anti-science faith there is, as the true path to enlightenment involves a complete withdrawl from secular society. Buddhist monks aren't exactly known for advancing the cause of genetic engineering, or technology. If they had it there way there would be no technology at all, just a bunch of hippies with shaved heads grubbing around in the dirt to barely maintain their own sustanence.

This doesn't even mention their deplorable practice of picking a little kid at random and proclaiming him the reincarnation of the Dali Lama, essentually fucking his life over. At least the Pope (royal asshole though he may be) wanted to be the pope.

In short, Fuck Buddhism.

Edit : Link correction
Old 07-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
Victus
Obsessed Member

2nd'ed.

Most religions score a 10 on the retard meter, Buddhism scores a 9. This is still well above the cut-off score of zero.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #3
Choobus
I Live Here

I concur: fuck buddhism.

What fucking reason is there to believe in reincarnation? Even if it were true, the number of new souls being created must increase exponentially, so no matter how good some deli llama was in the past, the odds are that one of the newer ones will be better (by whatever criteria is used to say that the reincarnated one is good in the first place), so what's the point seeking out reincarnated assclowns from the past? Reincarnation is total bollocks. It's just a different version of the same subconscious process that makes you want to fuck your ex girlfriend even though when you were going out with her you would rather have a wank to the 30 second commercial for text message whores than do her.

Anyone who goes around with that smug "I know the secrets of the universe and you don't" look had better be in a wheelchair with a computer voice, or they are a cunt, plain and simple.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
Evil_Mage_Ra

Did you know Hitler was a Buddhist? :D
Old 07-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
Choobus
I Live Here

that's interesting, because Buddha was a nazi

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 07-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Choobus wrote
I concur: fuck buddhism.
Anyone who goes around with that smug "I know the secrets of the universe and you don't" look had better be in a wheelchair with a computer voice, or they are a cunt, plain and simple.
:lol: Thanks, I needed that.

Buddhism seems to be more empirical with many of its beliefs such as the relationship of cause and effect though, its much more advanced then Christianity. Yet still, theirs many parrellels between Siddhartha and Jesus. If you take out the diety's and supernatural stuff, it looks like to me you basically have some sort of nihilism.

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #7
Infinity_Cartier

Quote:
Choobus wrote
deli llama
Thin sliced, I hope. :P

I'm sick to death of hearing people say 'Karma is a bitch' whenever they've been wronged. It's no different than believing in hell.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #8
antix
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Infinity_Cartier wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
deli llama

I'm sick to death of hearing people say 'Karma is a bitch' whenever they've been wronged. It's no different than believing in hell.
Maybe it's just bad Karma making you sick.
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #9
GodlessHeathen
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Infinity_Cartier wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
deli llama
Dammit!! I was gonna riff on that! :lol:

Christian: One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbor. - Ambrose Bierce
GodlessHeathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:37 PM   #10
Infinity_Cartier

Quote:
antix wrote
Maybe it's just bad Karma making you sick.
I think it's bad llama.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #11
Gathercole

After you fuck buddhism, make sure to get tested for dharmatitis.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:40 PM   #12
thenormalyears

Hulagu Khan was killing muslims, not real people. That doesn't count.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #13
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
that's interesting, because Buddha was a nazi

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...mple-Korea.jpg
Yup!..this is the dishware they use inside..
..:)

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #14
darwinfish

oh pfft, we all know the swastika was traditionally a symbol for good luck (or something)
Old 07-03-2006, 12:08 AM   #15
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
darwinfish wrote
oh pfft, we all know the swastika was traditionally a symbol for good luck (or something)
Tell that to Primo Levi

~ Philiboid Studge