Old 02-22-2011, 04:38 AM   #1
zdave

Homicde Analogy

I've been using this analogy in my discussions recently. Please see if it's a sound analogy.

Our story starts with a death. A man is dead in the middle of a high class apartment. He lays on his back, with a gun shot wound under the chin, and an exit would near the top of his head. A gun rests in his hand.

Two homicide detectives enter the scene, an Atheistic Detective (AD) and a Theistic Detective (TD). It is their job to determine what happened.

AD examines the scene, walks around the body and views it from many angles. He examines the caliber of bullet used in the shooting to see if it matches the gun in the victims hand. He will also send the gun away to examine it for finger prints. After doing all of these things he starts to get a picture of what happened in the apartment.

TD examines the scene and declares it a suicide. After this he points to the gun in the man's hand, the position of the entrance wound and insists once again that it's a suicide.

This is where we are in the debate against/for God. The Atheist is trying to see how it happened, where the Theist is trying to see how God did it.
zdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

TD would rule the death a homicide on the car-ride over.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
Erik

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
TD rules that it is neither suicide nor homicide because no one was there to witness the actual events.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #5
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
zdave wrote View Post
I've been using this analogy in my discussions recently. Please see if it's a sound analogy.

Our story starts with a death. A man is dead in the middle of a high class apartment. He lays on his back, with a gun shot wound under the chin, and an exit would near the top of his head. A gun rests in his hand.

Two homicide detectives enter the scene, an Atheistic Detective (AD) and a Theistic Detective (TD). It is their job to determine what happened.

AD examines the scene, walks around the body and views it from many angles. He examines the caliber of bullet used in the shooting to see if it matches the gun in the victims hand. He will also send the gun away to examine it for finger prints. After doing all of these things he starts to get a picture of what happened in the apartment.

TD examines the scene and declares it a suicide. After this he points to the gun in the man's hand, the position of the entrance wound and insists once again that it's a suicide.

This is where we are in the debate against/for God. The Atheist is trying to see how it happened, where the Theist is trying to see how God did it.
I think this analogy would be more accurate if the TD stayed at the station and read in an antique book that a mysterious and powerful assailant stabbed the victim with a broadsword and that a gun, not being mentioned in the book was just a symptom of evil materialist thinking.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #6
zdave

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
I think this analogy would be more accurate if the TD stayed at the station and read in an antique book that a mysterious and powerful assailant stabbed the victim with a broadsword and that a gun, not being mentioned in the book was just a symptom of evil materialist thinking.
There are a great deal of Christians out there who study their craft carefully trying to make a 'truth' out of it. Albeit their premise is entirely flawed, sure... but in terms of commitment to a broken cause they get an A+

I depicted TD after one of these guys as I actually have respect for them.
zdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
mcpancake
New Member!

I think it would more accurate if the TD takes the gun and shoots the victim some more because he thought he was gay, then shot the AD because he thought the AD was possessed by Satan.
mcpancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
Jimble

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
you got there before me.
I would have said that the AD says it's probably a suicide, let's continue investigating, whereas the TD says the victim was definately trampled to death by a Falmaginjorian, nevermind no-one has heard of one except me and this book I have, case closed!

You don't have the right not to be offended.
Jimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Oh, dear, is it Falmaginjorian season already? Quick, someone call pest control!

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
zdave wrote View Post

Could you give us a little more detail about the body please? Is there any evidence of seminal ejaculation around the mouth, forced anal entry, or any other sign of recent interaction with a priest?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote