Old 01-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #31
kowalskil

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
The trouble is someone who thinks critically and is of a skeptical nature needs more to go on than other peoples wishes, and vagueness. Till answers on what "roughly" God is, where he resides, why he has ignored us for thousands of years, etc etc , there will always be strong feeling from each party against each other. One side frustarated at a lack of any kind of evidence or fact based assertions, the other hurt at their belief not being immidiately and unequivically accepted by those around them. Also you get the tribal thing too, we asre Gods children, you are not etc etc as you would get with football team association in fact.
Yes, people are different; there is nothing wrong with this. Some can be Deists, others can be scientists. Some can be both while others can be neither. That does not mean that aggressive attitude toward each other is useful.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)
kowalskil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #32
psychodiva
I Live Here

tell that one to the 2.000 year's worth of vicitms of xianity - they keep their fucking religion out of my life, politics, laws and everything else and I'll keep away from their religion

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #33
Sol

I would offer. What dialectic form could be chosen?

For I fear that not many in either camp have the perspicacity to engage as you wish.
Certainly my experience with theologians leads to an indication of ignorance and an over reliance upon rhetoric to express their point.

Hence here, the ultimate rhetoric atheist forum as a salve to the insipid nature of theists.

And low, I looked upon the raving atheists forum …… and saw it was good.

Peace

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #34
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Could it be that an atheist is just a better informed theist, and therefore why should bad information be accepted. Unless you want atheists to patronise theists. I don't see how this would help further your eutopia.
How would Shariah law work effectively with state law? If I want to teach your children that farther christmas is all powerful in school, should this be tolerated?
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #35
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #36
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
kowalskil wrote View Post
Yes, people are different; there is nothing wrong with this. Some can be Deists, others can be scientists. Some can be both while others can be neither. That does not mean that aggressive attitude toward each other is useful.

Fine. But why are you preaching your message here? Are you also visiting Christian sites on the Internet, as well as churches in the nonvirtual world, and asking them to tone down their aggression? If so, do you mind sharing with us their responses to your plea?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #37
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
It means theologists do not try to validate/refute claims made by scientists and scientists do not try to validate/refute claims made by theologians. It means ending aggressive "we are better than you" claims.

Given that scientists do so much for humanity while theologians do absolutely fuck all, the former ARE better than the latter, who should therefore fuck off.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #38
Qlidnaque

I don't mind coexistence with religion, but religious people seriously need to practice their religion in their bedroom and in their bedroom only.

As soon as you theists cross over the line and try to interfere with my life through politics, law, and lifestyle, than you can go shove it up you know where and expect no mercy from me.
Qlidnaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:11 AM   #39
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Qlidnaque wrote View Post
......... religious people seriously need to practice their religion in their bedroom and in their bedroom only.
Bedroom only?! - shirly the shithouse would be more appropriate?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #40
kowalskil

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Fine. But why are you preaching your message here? Are you also visiting Christian sites on the Internet, as well as churches in the nonvirtual world, and asking them to tone down their aggression? If so, do you mind sharing with us their responses to your plea?
Yes, I did visit christian sites. Some of their comments were very interesting. I hope to be able to finish my essay one day.
Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia and Google)
kowalskil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #41
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
comments were very interesting
"Interesting" in the "what the fuck are you thinking!?" sense, right?
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #42
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
tell that one to the 2.000 year's worth of vicitms of xianity - they keep their fucking religion out of my life, politics, laws and everything else and I'll keep away from their religion
Yes, ChristPSychosis is very dangerous. Unfortunately deluded crazy psychiatrist nurses like you, do not see theology as a study by FaithPSychotics of their Imaginary Friend & Bizarre beliefs which is infecting their brains...but In ChristPSychosis infected Wilshire's schools, connecting Christianity's bizarre beliefs as a form of neurological disorder like schizotypy is impossible to see. The psychosis makes them see 2+2= anything but 4

Must have been traumatic been born in a trailer...there is of no wonder people that are, also born into neurologically impaired families decide to become a psychologist. Hmm...I think DivaPamTard ought to be placed in the Urban Dictionary too...

The only peaceful coexistence between ChristPSychotic & Scientists can happen when the former get their brain's examined & are treated.

I can treat you DivaPamTArd, you do have severe PSychological problems...are you obese by any chance?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote