Old 01-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #391
Davin
Obsessed Member

Francis has chosen to avoid and concede to Michael's point. Not a good move at this stage in the discussion where Francis has already conceded to every other point against its arguments.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #392
Francis

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Francis has chosen to avoid and concede to Michael's point. Not a good move at this stage in the discussion where Francis has already conceded to every other point against its arguments.
There you go! Good atheist backslapping! It's all you have I guess, so why not do it?
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:01 PM   #393
Michael
Obsessed Member

To be truly honest, though, it is probably the closest thing to a concession I'm likely to get from Francis, so i'll take it I guess.

Michael...you are correct
- selliedjoup
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #394
Francis

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
To be truly honest, though, it is probably the closest thing to a concession I'm likely to get from Francis, so i'll take it I guess.
Atheists, like the rest of humanity, need to get used to the fact that they don't have the right to have people surrender to them. They need to get some humility and accept that their views are not self-evident and that they face tough and persistent opposition to their views.

At this point, you don't.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:14 PM   #395
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:36 PM   #396
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Such high-minded words.
He should be more humble, like you, eh!

Quote:
You must be proud of your demonstration of your education.
You are so proud to demonstrate that education is wasted on you.

Quote:
Please feel free to submit your post to your local newspaper.
We had no idea your permission was required! When were you appointed overseer of letters to the editor?
Was that a reward for your humbleness?

Quote:
And give them your full name so everyone can associate your words with you.
Like you do here?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 01-20-2015, 12:05 AM   #397
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Modern medicine, as I've described it, is witchcraft.
You fucking witch doctors owe me restitution! This cock size reduction therapy has had no results whatsoever! I am starting to believe these lady boy titty fucks will have no results whatsoever!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:25 AM   #398
ghoulslime
I Live Here

One more time for the very slow learners among us: atheism is the rejection of the assertion that there are gods. That is all. Anything other than this is something in addition to atheism.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:25 AM   #399
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
You fucking witch doctors owe me restitution! This cock size reduction therapy has had no results whatsoever! I am starting to believe these lady boy titty fucks will have no results whatsoever!
Have you tried this supplement? It will reduce your cock size to 10 inches.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:49 AM   #400
Davin
Obsessed Member

So far, in this huge mess of a thread, Francis has conceded to every point opposed to what it said. Francis has given up all ground and has backed up into never actually defending its espoused views and has reverted to knee-jerk deflections like some sad scared little animal. I wonder, why Francis even bothers to say anything if its just going to abandon it every time it is challenged.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #401
Francis

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
One more time for the very slow learners among us: atheism is the rejection of the assertion that there are gods. That is all. Anything other than this is something in addition to atheism.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

For the umpteenth time for the learning challenged - one can be atheist and be in a religion. See certain Buddhist sects. See certain atheist Reform Jews.

Note that the thread premise is not that you are not atheists. That is a given that is accepted. The premise notes the similarities in social organization and other behaviors as between certain atheists and traditional religions.

I know it's hard for you to keep that straight.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #402
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Well, after 400 posts, Franny boy modifies his starting point.

1) Certain Atheists, like religious churchgoers, regularly meet.
2) Certain Atheists, like priests and reverends do, hustle contributions.
3) Certain Atheists, like many religious, are certain of the truth of their views.
4) Certain Atheists, like religious fundamentalists, attribute dishonesty to those who disagree with them.
5) Certain Atheists, like many religious, enjoy cackling in imagined superiority over people who disagree with them.

Twat.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:25 AM   #403
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

If atheism is a religion....how can I not believe in it or any religion or religious deities? What would I be? Answer.....Atheist. Well how about that eh?

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #404
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Well, after 400 posts, Franny boy modifies his starting point.

1) Certain Atheists, like religious churchgoers, regularly meet.
2) Certain Atheists, like priests and reverends do, hustle contributions.
3) Certain Atheists, like many religious, are certain of the truth of their views.
4) Certain Atheists, like religious fundamentalists, attribute dishonesty to those who disagree with them.
5) Certain Atheists, like many religious, enjoy cackling in imagined superiority over people who disagree with them.

Twat.
Ah yes, the good ole "Moving the Goalposts" fallacy! Amazing isn't it, how these Theologues, our self proclaimed Moral Compass, are so skilled at peddling fallacies
and other untruths.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:01 PM   #405
Francis

Yes. for those "certain" atheists (who by the way seem to be the leaders in the atheist community, certainly not the stay at home blubberers) they are in the atheist religion, whether they accept it or not. Furthermore, the numbers who are in such organizations are high.

Note for example no one here, save the deluded nazi, claimed they did not belong to an atheist organization.