Old 07-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
Christfollower

God is real

I know some of you guys are good at putting up a good argument I wanted to see how well you would do against the guys on www.assembly-ministries.org
Old 07-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Choobus
I Live Here

FUCK OFF GODIDIOT TROLL WANKER

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Christfollower wrote View Post
I know some of you guys are good at putting up a good argument I wanted to see how well you would do against the guys on www.assembly-ministries.org
Hey retard you and him ought to seek true salvation from Christ-psychosis by seen a neurologist getting comited at the Barrows Neurological Institute. BTW retard, we are in the 21st Century not the 12th.

BELIEF in god and other deluded tales as reality by educated adults is a product of a malfunctioning brain. Seek help really.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #4
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Christfollower wrote View Post
Without bothering to look at a website strewn with ancient torture devices, I'd start with this:

Their entire worldview is based on an ancient belief-structure that was patched together from several mythologies (starting with Judaism and throwing in some Mithraism and Orisianism for good measure), and all of their claims lack any kind of reliable supporting evidence.

Ergo, every argument they make is hypothetical at best, useless on a good day, dangerous on a bad day, and downright deadly at worst.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
brit

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
Without bothering to look at a website strewn with ancient torture devices, I'd start with this:

Their entire worldview is based on an ancient belief-structure that was patched together from several mythologies (starting with Judaism and throwing in some Mithraism and Orisianism for good measure), and all of their claims lack any kind of reliable supporting evidence.

Ergo, every argument they make is hypothetical at best, useless on a good day, dangerous on a bad day, and downright deadly at worst.
Wow,that's deep and I agree with you 100 percent.I believe the bible can be good for those who seek a philosophical enrichment,but as far as being truth...give me a break.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #7
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
brit wrote View Post
Wow,that's deep and I agree with you 100 percent.I believe the bible can be good for those who seek a philosophical enrichment,but as far as being truth...give me a break.
Enrichment, right!

I got my family values from Lot and his daughters and that community that God made into cannibals (where withholding your kid from being eaten was a sin). As Jesus commanded, I refused to bury my parents when they died.

The Bible has all the morals a person needs and more than a good person can stomach.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 AM   #8
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Enrichment, right!

I got my family values from Lot and his daughters and that community that God made into cannibals (where withholding your kid from being eaten was a sin). As Jesus commanded, I refused to bury my parents when they died.

The Bible has all the morals a person needs and more than a good person can stomach.
I got mine from Onan. "Tis better to flog thy bishop than boink thy dead brother's squeeze." Sticky business, that.
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:02 AM   #9
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
I got mine from Onan. "Tis better to flog thy bishop than boink thy dead brother's squeeze." Sticky business, that.
In Onan's society refusing to take your dead brother's wife as your wife was like signing their death certificate, or at least condemning them to abject poverty. Onan's lack of morality was in his lack of compassion for his dead brother's wife and his selfishness in considering his own wealth and prosperity first. This is an example of anti-social behaviour not a sexual sin.

Finding meaning in the Bible, or in any other literature, is about finding out what the author meant, not about overlaying your own significance.
thomastwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 AM   #10
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
If only Onan had gone in a sock instead of spilling it on the ground, everything would have been all right. I don't blame God for not wanting to mop the floor to get Onan's "seed" out of the sand.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:03 AM   #11
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Enrichment, right!

Read what was written. Understand what the author intended to say. Don't overlay your own meaning on the text.
thomastwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #12
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
thomastwo wrote View Post
Read what was written. Understand what the author intended to say. Don't overlay your own meaning on the text.
As has been pointed out by Bovina many times and by others who actually have some intellect, The OT was written to make the Hebrew people clearly distinct from the old time and place and traditions of their neighbors. Thus, although it was perfectly acceptable to handle and eat pork for anyone else (Jesus had no trouble finding a herd of over 2000 pigs) Hebrews were prohibited.

Therefore, Onan's sin was not masterbation and it was not failure to console the widow, which he could have done in other ways within the rules. It was an instance of God unjustly contradicting His own rules.

Your appeal to the mores of the ancient times and the traditions observed way back then contorts the clear meaning of scripture. Do not overlay your own presumptive understanding of the life and times of ancient Palestine; God's word and God's laws are eternal and unchanging.

Or, are you admitting that the Bible, lacking an actual God for its basis, is no more authoritative than a teenage girl's diary?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #13
Choobus
I Live Here

That's pretty much what I said Fuchs you fucking pirate!

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #14
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

But I said it with 16 times as many letters.

I get paid by the word, damnit.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #15
Irreligious
I Live Here

But Choobus said it bigger.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote