Old 08-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #16
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post

You fixed nothing. You fucked it up royally, missed the point and droned on and on and on about something that was beside the point.

You refuse to learn and absolutely are hell bent on bending reality to your will.

How is such lunacy possible? Have you no shame at all? Not a single, sneaking suspicion that you are completely out at sea with neither a raft nor a life -jacket?

How it is possible, I cannot explain....Where did you get your knowledge? Did it rain down on you from on high? What have you read?....Why do I even bother with a half-wit who is completely unteachable?
All in one post. It really is too easy.
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
Lily

It can't have been that easy or one of you geniuses would have answered the questions this post alludes to. You are out of your league, Sheep. Go back to the kiddy barn.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #18
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Mods,
The previous post by Lily can stay, since it successfully shows lack of self-awareness.

Thanks for contributing, Lily.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #19
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Here's a topper--
Quote:
Bovina wrote
Of course I have verifiable proof for my claims. Since you are incapable of weighing it, you are out of luck.

Poor Bovina, doomed to a permanent lack of understanding of the very science and logic she wishes to (ab)use.

Faith is truly a killer of intellect and an enemy of knowledge.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:55 AM   #20
nkb

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I never quite grasped before how little most people and that includes this group, think about what is going on. You are so ill-informed that you defend your unfounded assumptions without a second thought-- even in the face of actual facts that question or outright refute them. I guess it is true that most people are fat, happy and stupid. Give them enough bread and circuses and they will defend the status quo til the end. Good luck with that.
Says the idiot that regurgitates right-wing nutbag propaganda. Lily, say "death panels" again.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #21
nkb

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
You all don't read or check facts because you are always wrong. Either that or you really are stupid.
Says the jackass that posts links that she hasn't really read, and then backpedals when they blow up in her face.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #22
nkb

We really need to get some more theists in here, just so Lily doesn't hog this thread.
Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
No, that is what is so sad. You won't learn a thing. Just like you won't learn how intellectually dishonest it is to wrench a sentence out of context to try to make it support the exact opposite of what the writer actually believes. I expect nothing better of any of you and nothing better is what I get.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #23
"V"

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Ignorance is not free-thinking. It is non-thinking. Most of you don't know the difference and never will.
This has to be the winner. Hands down.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #24
nkb

Mods, can you please clean up the post with quotes from an atheist (post 24), and, of course, this one?

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-31-2009, 01:57 AM   #25
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Mods, can you please clean up the post with quotes from an atheist (post 24), and, of course, this one?
Gone to the "Post that don't deserve threads" thread!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #26
nkb

Lady and gents,
Please use this thread to post quotes from theists that lack self-awareness. I realize this has turned into a "stupidity of Lily" thread, but let's stick to the subject, please.

Mods,
Could you please move these last few posts to another thread (maybe to this one, where the post-menopausal whiskers were first mentioned).

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 PM   #27
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

The rules of this thread are as confusing as the title's syntax-lacking muddled be.

The previous sentence is allowed under the rules, as it serves as an "explanation or setup," particularly if the following violates the rules:

Yankees center fielder Melky Cabrera:

Quote:
Q: Your biggest influence growing up?

A: My mother (Teresa).

Q: Describe your mother.

A: Loving, wonderful, caring.

Q: Boyhood idol?

A: Sammy Sosa.

Q: Why?

A: Countryman who was doing great.

Q: Favorite NYC things?

A: Walking the streets of downtown, seeing all the flashing lights and seeing the faces of the people.

Q: Superstitions?

A: I just believe in God.
Not the stoopidest interview the Milkman has done. That would be this. The previous sentence and link may be in violation of the rules of this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #28
nkb

No, this one is quite appropriate (and quite appreciated, given the hogging of this thread by a certain individual). Lack of self-awareness displayed by a theist, exactly the point of this thread.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #29
ubs
I Live Here

He's drawn to flashing lights. You're berating an autistic guy.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #30
nkb

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
The consensus of an ignorant mob isn't worth a damn.
Says the one that invokes arguments from popularity like they're going out of style, and likes to point out how many Christians there are as some sort of evidentiary statement.

George Bernard Shaw