Old 02-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #91
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Stargazer, I gave you everything you asked for. But that wasn't good enough. Why don't you just admit you want to be an atheist? Why do you need someone to prove God to you, when you won't even state what God is so that an attempt can be made to prove God to you.
You gave her nothing, and now you're demanding that she define your beliefs for you.

Why don't you just admit that you have a belief for which you possess no evidence, but you reserve the right to impose it on others anyway?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #92
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post

If you feel insulted, what am I supposed to do about that? Do you want me to say I'm sorry? I'm sorry. I shouldn't have implied that you were insane. I shouldn't have implied that you were a stereotype.

If you really start to think about things, you will find that you can posit the existence of God is such a way that He becomes the necessary inference to the best explanation for things--all things.

I do wonder what makes you think you’re going to understand God or come to believe in His existence without getting a little mystical. You have to be able to be a little bit mystical.

close your eyes, think really really hard and click you heels together three times repeating 'there's nothing like god, there's nothing like god, there's nothing like god...'

or maybe you could clap your hands three times and say ' I believe in goid' and 'he' will appear

both of these methods are as much use as praying

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #93
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

God swings between my legs. On a hot day his hair is matted with strain and thoughts of pro creation. Sometimes god is agitated by carnal desire and the such, and stiffens his resolve to spread the essence of his glory. I like god, and sometimes offer him a helping hand in sowing the seed of his thoughts.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #94
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
orangeitis wrote View Post
Oh well? Insulting won't get you anywhere in a debate. It's like saying "im rite ur rong so ha". Though to address the other half of your post, I'm glad you actually took steps to define your god. A reasonable debate is starting.

I dunno- a well-timed 'fuck off you old wanker' works quite well of course in a REAL debate- such as Egor is never likely to experience - \i would never do such a thing, however - slime like ego need abusing in order to bring them back to reality - or such reality as they are capable of comprehending- which is generally of the level of pond-scum

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #95
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
You gave her nothing, and now you're demanding that she define your beliefs for you.

Why don't you just admit that you have a belief for which you possess no evidence, but you reserve the right to impose it on others anyway?
Besides, how can I define his beliefs when they don't make any sense?

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #96
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Any level of debate with fools like E-Bore is a complete waste of time. He is impervious to reason, devoid of logic, looks at the world through jeebus eyes and his lies render him totally unworthy of anything resembling respect. That only leaves ignoring or mocking the poor deluded fool. He'll soon get bored and sulk back to his blog for another dose of crying, whining and writing to himself.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #97
Sol

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
Also, and thank you for your concern, but if hell should turn out to be real. All I can say is, I am going to be in some marvellous company.
Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
No you won’t. You’ll be alone.
Yes I know, I'm aware of the type of delusion you suffer from and your particular brand of kool-aid.
So you managed to miss the irony. hmmm
You'll be one of those less well-educated theist types then...

Tell me, do you have any paranoia to go with your delusion ?
You know the type of thing. perhaps you think a small group of people are attacking your fantasies or illusions. ?
Perhaps you have made up a sweeping generalisation as a description for this group ?
Do you feel singled out for persecution ?

Tell me, what was your relationship like with your mother, was your father missing much of the time ?

When you touch yourself do you feel aroused, are you overly fond of sheep?

Just trying to help a fellow human who appears to be in distress

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #98
orangeitis

I think we all need to get back on topic.
Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Astronomers have found a planet within the zone of possible life circling its star.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknap...itable-planet/

You all don't believe in that do you? In fact, I'm sure you would all completely disregard such fantasies as space aliens, right? I would suppose atheists, in fact, remain quite certain that earth is the only planet with life on it in the entire universe--just like medieval people believed.

I am right about that, aren't I?
Egor is asserting that "we" wouldn't accept fact of an alien presence of life on another planet. He probably thinks this way because we don't buy into irrational faiths like his.

If there was demonstrable, peer-reviewed evidence for the existence of an alien life, we would accept it. Besides, there's still only a possibility... nothing's been confirmed yet, and probably won't be fore a long while yet.

Though I'd be willing to bet that a good chunk of theists will ostracize aliens on the grounds that they perceive them to be demons or similar beings. Other theists might apostatize their faith upon humanity's discovery. This is all speculation of course, but it seems likely given the sanity of some theists.
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #99
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
The fact is, if you won’t settle for the proof that’s right in front of you (your dog, your books, etc.) then you will have to settle for evidence of God, because God isn’t going to force you to believe in Him, which is what you’re asking for. That isn’t why you were created. You were created to evolve spiritually through the lessons and faith you acquire in this life. As soon as you see God in such a way that you cannot doubt, all spiritual growth stops.

You're not going to fall for this, are you?

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Old 02-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #100
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
I think we all need to get back on topic.Egor is asserting that "we" wouldn't accept fact of an alien presence of life on another planet. He probably thinks this way because we don't buy into irrational faiths like his.

If there was demonstrable, peer-reviewed evidence for the existence of an alien life, we would accept it. Besides, there's still only a possibility... nothing's been confirmed yet, and probably won't be fore a long while yet.

Though I'd be willing to bet that a good chunk of theists will ostracize aliens on the grounds that they perceive them to be demons or similar beings. Other theists might apostatize their faith upon humanity's discovery. This is all speculation of course, but it seems likely given the sanity of some theists.
Egor probably wanted someone to say, "If proof can be provided for the existence of aliens, I will believe in them, same thing for God." Then, using this as a tacit "promise," he would then cite "proof" along the lines of:

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
. . .proof that’s right in front of you (your dog, your books, etc.)
Then, he would accuse said atheist (who would dispute that this is proof) of reneging on the promise to believe once provided with proof.

Don't fall into the trap.......

Old 02-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #101
Sol

Quote:
I think we all need to get back on topic.
I think I should wrap the topic in broken glass and shove it up eds fucking shit hole.

Any fucking objections

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #102
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #103
orangeitis

Nope, fine with me.
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #104
Egor

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
Of course I want to be an atheist. That was never in question. But if you come onto this forum and assert that there is a God, boy, then you better prove it.
Can't do that for you. You want to be an atheist. If you want to be an atheist, your mind is completely closed. You will only see evidence that supports your point of view. On the contrary, I read books by atheists all the time, and watch lecture videos on YouTube as well. And I struggle. I've come to a place in my book regarding the existence of the soul which has me puzzled, and if I don't find a way out of it, through it, over it, whatever, my belief in life after death could end.

And I'm willing to go there if that's where I have to go, because I follow the truth where it leads.

A lecture I'm watching now by a Yale philosophy professor argues against the existence of the soul. I stopped watching it, because I got a little nervous. But as soon as I post this I'm going right back and finishing it.

You see, I'm not an intellectual coward. And I believe in this trial that God will not let me down. I have so much faith in fact, that I won't even pray for an answer--not yet anyway--because I know that would be too easy. I want to see if I can figure it out first, so I am deliberately not praying for the solution. Becasue if I do, He'll give it to me. He's done it before, and I want a little more of a challenge.

You don't have anything like that in your life. That must suck.

Quote:
You're saying that again? Why can't you provide better arguments on your behalf?
I do. In my book I'm writing. I suppose you think I should just cut and paste those chapters in here, right?

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
I think I should wrap the topic in broken glass and shove it up eds fucking shit hole.

Any fucking objections
You must be one broke dick, on the dole, loser in Scotland. I can just see you stumbling out of a dive pub where an aquaintence bought you a pint just to get you physically away from him and coming at me with a rolled up piece of paper in a broken cider bottle. Teeth all missing from bad nutrition and huffing school paste, all skinny and pale. "C'mon Egie. I'll shove this up your arse, you rich yankie bastard! C'mon, Ill kick my arse, you sumbitch!"

I'm just curious, do you actually have to heat one room at a time in your...dwelling...whatever the hell it is?

Honestly though, it is possible you could kick my ass with your broken cider bottle, but probably not. Nevertheless, it's possible. So, I was thinking what the best defense would be, and the answer just popped into my head: take five quid in coins and throw them in another direction. You'd run to them like ducks to bread crumbs.

Scotish tough, now there's a contradiction in terms.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #105
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You see, I'm not an intellectual coward. And I believe in this trial that God will not let me down. I have so much faith in fact, that I won't even pray for an answer--not yet anyway--because I know that would be too easy.
Here's one for the galactically unaware thread.

Be careful, Sol might have a 9 year old daughter that does teakwondo. Besides your feeble mind, we know that's your achilles heel.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote