Old 04-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Anglican Arseholes

Rowan Williams has been a bland, totally ignorable but slightly likeable fool during his time as the Archwanker of Canterbury and nobody seems surprised or is giving a shit about him leaving. Entering the race to take on the role is a more openly idiotic jerk, John Semantu.

The irritatingly obvious tactic of getting his bullshit into our schools is already getting on a few tits, mine included.

Quote:
The Archbishop of York today addressed 50 Headteachers from schools and academies across the North of England, and spoke of the importance of Religious Education in schools.

“My friends we play a vital part in educating our children and young people, indeed last week Michael Gove said in the House of Commons that he cherished the role that the Church of England plays in educating more than a million children throughout the country."
I shall watch the battle for our children's minds develop with the catlickers and the mooslims - all because our rancid, piss-weak government doesn't have the balls to tell them all to 'get fucked' and stay in their churches.

If Semantu fails to get the job, can we have another weak, bland idiot please.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
orangeitis

I'm sorry to hear about more religious corruption in non-US countries. I'm not sure what to say other than that. :/

Christians! Want to convert some atheists? read this!
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I'm afraid our little island has suffered church schools for far too long:
Quote:
The Church has been involved in education for many centuries. Some Church schools in this Diocese are older than the Diocese itself.
However, most Church schools came about through the drive to provide mass provision of Christian education for the poor in the early and middle years of the 19th century. 'The National Society for Promoting the Education of the Poor in the Principles of the Established Church,' now known as The National Society (Church of England) for Promoting Religious Education (or more often simply the National Society) was created in 1811 with the mission of founding a Church school in every parish in England and Wales.
Of course, over the years non-Anglican cults have followed suit, each surreptitiously pushing their own brand of whack-jobbery, but all funded by the state. In recent years, an increasing secular attitude has had many folk calling for cult affiliation to be ditched, but as expected, the god-whallopers are digging in their heels and squealing like stuck pigs at the thought of losing their privileges.

I say fuck 'em - remove state funding and force them to move with the times or close down.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
Davin
Obsessed Member

I dunno, part of me feels a little relieved that it's not just US, but then I just hope it all goes away from everywhere.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #5
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I really don't trust this slimeball Sentamu and his lying for jeebus seems to come all too naturally.

Quote:
There is a pattern here. Since 2004, several speeches and votes of bishops in the House of Lords have opposed both equal rights and, I am sorry to say, religious freedom. In January 2010, the bishops were pivotal in defeating a proposal in the equality bill that would have defined the class of posts for which the religious exemption from anti-discrimination law would apply. The then government lost three divisions on the subject, one of them by only five votes, with eight bishops opposing the government.
So not only is he a two-faced lying twat, but he and his cronies in the House of Lords clearly use their influence to guide government policy in the direction of their own warped agenda. Fuck them all.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Davin
Obsessed Member

To be fair, the Cathlic church has to get used to a world where people can easily fact check. If no one could easily go back and review the truthiness of his statements, who would know that he's a lying fucker?

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I think we can be reasonably sure that catlickers are indeed lying bastards, but Anglicans? they're defended by our honourable queen dammit!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #8
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Very true, as usual though they are about 500 years behind the rest of society.

Take all the fuckers power away, nothing he says should have any impact anywhere except in the church.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Davin
Obsessed Member

Oh right, not Catlickers... whatever. Just pretend I said the Church of England or whatever.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #10
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

They're all interchangable anyways.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #11
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Troo dat, but some arseholes are more interchangable than others.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #12
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

We learn something every day. I never knew the British Prime Minister has the ’right’ to choose the head of the Church of England.
Quote:
The search for a new Archbishop of Canterbury is under way in earnest – just as No 10 and the Church of England seem to be shaping up for an unholy battle over gay marriage. So what are the chances that David Cameron could reclaim his right, as Prime Minister, to nominate the next archbishop?
Oh how I’d love to see Cameron growing something useful and appointing a real ambassador for troof:-

He could do no worse than the current cuntenders.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
Davin
Obsessed Member

It would be nice if he did find one who supported gay-marriage and they could finally put all that bullshit to rest.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

I think he should elect Julian Clary.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #15
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

One of the numerous daily articles pointing out some of the absurdities of the anachronistic Anglican arseholes.
One section did raise a couple of eyebrows and a titter:
Quote:
The issue of women bishops – due to come to a head at the Church of England’s General Synod in York next week – was another matter which helped give the impression that sex was “the only thing the Church is interested in”, he remarked.
I think Williams just had one of his better ‘no shit Sherlock’ moments.

Stop the Holy See men!