Old 10-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #16
Lily

I just watched the whole thing again and was struck again by how well it describes this place and me in it. For those who would like to cut to the chase, here is the dénouement. Frankly, I'd be out of here in a flash, if I had a hunk like that waiting for me*!

*I'm sure he possesses more testosterone than any 25 Obamination voters put together.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
I just watched the whole thing again and was struck again by how well it describes this place and me in it. For those who would like to cut to the chase, here is the dénouement. Frankly, I'd be out of here in a flash, if I had a hunk like that waiting for me*!
*I'm sure he possesses more testosterone than any 25 Obamination voters put together.
Sorry Lilly...for the clip to suit your situation, you'd have the pig face, and be sent to live w/ other pig faces. Also, as usual, your post could rightly go in the 'theists lacking self awareness' thread.

http://www.abc.ne t.au/science/articles/1999/09/20/53207.htm

So it seems that as far as we humans and science are concerned, beauty is not entirely in the "eye of the beholder". It seems to be related to symmetry, fitness and fertility (as well as other things we don't even know about, yet). But all the studies so far involved small numbers of people - usually less than 150, and mostly, around 30. And most of these studies have not yet been repeated by other scientists, to check their accuracy. So maybe we should let the great wordsmith John Keats have the last word -
"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:54 AM   #18
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Frankly, I'd be out of here in a flash, if I had a hunk like that waiting for me
There yer go babe - on ya way!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:36 AM   #19
Lily

Sorry, Smelly, I don't care for blonds! But a fine effort and I do appreciate it!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #20
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Bovina wrote View Post
Sorry, Smelly, I don't care for blonds! But a fine effort and I do appreciate it!
Perhaps older cows should not be so finicky.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:03 AM   #21
just questions

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Perhaps older cows should not be so finicky.
Color should not be an issue. Size is.
just questions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #22
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #23
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 AM   #24
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #25
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post

So you're here spewing all this venom because you ain't got a man in your life? That's sad.

What about your alleged relationship with man/god Jesus? Not fulfilling?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #26
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
So you're here spewing all this venom because you ain't got a man in your life? That's sad.

What about your alleged relationship with man/god Jesus? Not fulfilling?
She already has that relationship...A rubber dildo made from a mold of Benedictus XVI Penis-Christ. blessed by Him. This is a closed guarded SECRET of the Church. Only very special people have the PVS ( Pontifex Verpa Sacrum).

Before using these sacred Pontifical tools & receive Blessed Orgasm this prayer must be said which WILL produce a Transubstantiation effect just like in the Eucharist:

SARSO ( Speak And Receive Sacred Orgasm)

*Pene-cristus Noster

*qui es in caelis,

*sanctificetur nomen tuum.

*Adveniat Specu regnum tuum.

*Fiat voluntas tua,

*sicut in caelo et in cavernam.

*Sacra Lactis nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,

*et dimitte nobis castus nostra,

*sicut et nos
 dimittimus casta nostris.

*Et ne nos inducas in tentationem:

*sed libera nos a castis mala.

English

*Our Penis-Christ

*Who art in heaven

*Hallowed be thy name.

*Thy Cave kingdom come,

*Thy will be done,

*On earth caverns, as it is in heaven.

*Give us this day our daily
*Sacred Milk,

*And forgive us our chastity,

*as we forgive those

*who attempt to make us chaste.

*And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil chastity.

In the moment the phrase "Thy cave kingdom come" is said, the rubber PVS becomes resurrected hard FLESH. The phrase: " ...but deliver us from evil chastity" will transform it into rubber again..A MIRACLE.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #27
Santa > God

Quote:
Captain Relativity wrote View Post
Hey, Santa God. So, are you an atheist or what. I'm a little confused by your repeated statement that you have nothing against God, with a capital G. I too have nothing against any of the gods because from what I can tell, based on the evidence, they don't exist. But I do have something against the concept of God. So which is it, atheist or theist?
Sorry i've been gone a bit. I myself don't believe in god (i got used to spelling it God when i was arguing on the chrisitan forums), unicorns, but i might be inclined to believe in leprechauns haha. What i meant by that statement is i don't care if the guy next to me believes in god or not. I don't think it's rational to believe in something with no proof whatsoever, but humans are weak in the sense we need to be comforted and many people find the idea of god comforting. So i don't care if the guy believes in god.

I have a huge problem with religion on the other hand. Religion breeds ignorance, illogical thinking, narcassim, and elitism, all of which I dislike. It also tries to force what it sees as "correct" onto everyone else...because god said they were right, and such bullshit.

believing in god and being part of a religion are very different things. A person who believes in a personal god, but in no way wants to force his views upon me, and is intelligent enough to realize that god and science are completely mutually exclusive (being that one isn't real), then he's an ok guy. Also i believed in Santa until i was 5 so who am i to say he/she can't believe in god After all god is like Santa 2.0

I'm an atheist leaning agnostic. Science is my religion, and what you learn in science is that you withhold judgement on anything until you see evidence for it or to the contrary. I should withhold judgement on god, unicorns or anything else, until there is proof either way. But since there is no proof either way (and you can't perform a test to see if god is real or not), i'm inclined to believe there is no such thing. So that's why i lean atheist.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #28
Santa > God

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
I used to feel that way too: I am assuming you mean 'spirituality' vs. religion? I have thought that if a person's faith gives them personal comfort, then what is the harm? To each his own.

But I am coming to believe that faith opens a person up to religion, which IMO is nothing more than a tool for social control/order, which has been in the past more of a force for evil than for good (IMO). I mean, if you believe in demons, then how do you know that someone might not actually be a demon...hence witch burnings, et. al. (for example).
Yea actually, that explains it pretty well. Wanna know why i got banned from so many Christian forums? Apparently Christians love Satan.

I tried to argue that god is all powerful and therefore he destroyed satan and any evil committed are because of failings within the individual (which god must have bestowed on them because god makes everyone). Apparently god is alot weaker than i thought, and Satan is everywhere.

And i go on christian forums because sometimes it's nice knowing you're the most rational (maybe not the most intelligent) and logical person in the room. And their arguments make me laugh, so i do seek out the occasional christian forum because i like arguing with a wall (basically what it is) but if i can shake up any one persons' faith, then i'm happy.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #29
Santa > God

I guess i took too long to edit my post, so i apologize for the triple post.

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post

I would be very interested in what a logical and sensible person considers any "arguments that are valid for why he/she/it exists".
Well even if these arguments are made they're still shaky at best (nor would i believe them), but I brought it up because i believe it's a much stronger argument than what they have going for them now. the whole "god made the universe" argument doesn't hold up. They use very weak arguments from a book made in the bronze age because they can't comprehend what we know now (evolution is an example). If they could comprehend it maybe their arguments would be a bit more interesting instead of obviously pathetic and sad.

But quantum physics has shown that particles (atoms) can be in any state and anywhere in the universe, until an outside observer sees said particle. When you observe it, it'll always be where you are looking, but when you're not observing it, it can be anywhere (this isn't shrodingers cat per say, but they've done tests to have come to this conclusion, it's along explanation but i can explain if someone wants me to). So this could be applied to anything made of atoms, so a table would not exist unless someone expected it to be there and was able to observe it. So for everything to have existed (after the big bang), there must be someone who observed/expected the atoms to form planets, galaxies and so forth and by expecting this they created the big bang. Without some sort of observer or something of that kind, why wouldn't the universe just be made of atoms with the potential to combine and form elements and eventually stars and all that, but still only atoms floating around.

Now that's an argument i would enjoy and i think it's infinitely better than "god made it". Course this argument doesn't address the fact that if god is said observer that there must be some sort of universe outside this one, in which god resides, in which case he himself would need an observer, otherwise god would also be atoms floating around aimlessly not forming anything. And so on and so forth.
Granted this is all an over simplification of the actual mechanics behind quantum physics, but it's holds true to the overall concepts of quantum physics.

Now the universe is infinitely more complicated than that, given that there are 11 dimensions and we haven't been able to explore any of them to see how physics acts there and whether those dimensions somehow explain why the big bang happened and so on. But in the end science always wins because they say "we don't know yet, but we will" as opposed to religions "this is how it happened, accept it or be outcast".

But i also think the odd nature of physics is probably the reason why of all the sciences (biology, physics, medicine, so forth) physics tends to have the most religious people (still a small percentage) while biological scientists have almost no religious people. because for them it's evolution vs god and evolution wins.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:14 PM   #30
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Santa > God wrote View Post

But i also think the odd nature of physics is probably the reason why of all the sciences (biology, physics, medicine, so forth) physics tends to have the most religious people (still a small percentage) while biological scientists have almost no religious people. because for them it's evolution vs god and evolution wins.

my bolding:

Where did you get that idea from?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote