Old 04-15-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
BodaciousB

Reading some of the topics here in the science forum made me think back to the day when I discoverd humor in religion...

One night my wife was in the shower while I was sitting in bed flipping though all the tv channels available though my 1970's antenna. On this tv I had 7 channels at most.. one of them was channel 53, the all-gospel channel. Allthough I didnt know I was on this specific channel (I thought it was PBS doing a segment on evolution..) a guy is infront of the camera and shows the classic example of anti-biotic being introduced to bacteria. All of the bacteria die except one, which begins to reproduce. The guy says " Its not evolution! It didnt evolve to survive the anti-biotic, it was all ready immune to it!." Then a preacher steps up and says, "That proves it right there!" Right before he told his audience to join him in prayer. I laughed until my sides hurt! The next day I was proud to tune my radio to the American Christian Network... and I have heard many other HILLARIOUS explenations of science.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:54 AM   #2
brad89

One time I saw a segment with some 'out of control' maniac preacher with the organ in the background every time he finished a sentence. He said something about how sound converts to light converting to love and reaching heaven. Some rediculous bullshit they spouted on the audience for half and hour. Then they prayed/lost sanity, and I was laughing for, like, ten minutes!
Old 04-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
Tenspace
I Live Here

Listen to stations that air the bullshit put out by the American Family Association.

I swear I heard this in a little 'skit'

"Grandpa, what was it like before the atheists took over?"
"Well, Timmy, we were allowed to pray and worship God. Then the atheists took over and they locked us all in jail."

The skit was followed by a request for money to help battle the evil atheist scourge taking over our God's country.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 07:10 AM   #4
BodaciousB

Another one of my favorites:

Two guys were talking on the radio about evolution. One of them said, many people belive god created evolution. The other one said, "thats absolutely preposterous! Survival of the fittest is a horrible and violent means of creation!"
Old 04-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #5
Choobus
I Live Here

The agony aunt shows on Christian radio are hilarious. (I listen to them when using a U-Haul truck since those cheap bastards only have an AM FM radio.) Their problems are always pathetic, [I don't help my neighbours enough, or I have been thinking about sex quite often] and the solution is always the same: pray to jaysus and he will show you the way.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #6
antix
Obsessed Member

Not specifically a 'christian' radio station, but where I work country music is the norm. So I'm stuck with this nonsensical anti-entertainment music noise for hours on end. A while back the DJ brought up the lawsuit to try and get "Under God" out of the pledge. Of course backwards ass country retards like this LOVE 'Under God' and he had callers chime in and blather on about how wrong it was. They said things like "if they don't want to say those words, they can go to atheist school" (my personal favorite) and of course the usual "without god, they can't have morals" Of course, the retarded DJ was all about atheist-bashing and joined right in. I wanted to call in and let them know just how retarted they all were, but I had work to do. :(
antix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
evident_enigma

Quote:
antix wrote
Not specifically a 'christian' radio station, but where I work country music is the norm. So I'm stuck with this nonsensical anti-entertainment music noise for hours on end. A while back the DJ brought up the lawsuit to try and get "Under God" out of the pledge. Of course backwards ass country retards like this LOVE 'Under God' and he had callers chime in and blather on about how wrong it was. They said things like "if they don't want to say those words, they can go to atheist school" (my personal favorite) and of course the usual "without god, they can't have morals" Of course, the retarded DJ was all about atheist-bashing and joined right in. I wanted to call in and let them know just how retarted they all were, but I had work to do. :(
Why don't you just write him?

Also, remember:

One isn't moral if one's only reason for being moral is self-preservation.

E_E
Old 04-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #8
BodaciousB

I recently discoverd a catholic station in my area....

Apparently, using birth control is s a sin! But, its ok for the man to pull out!!

You all should have heard the preacher sweeten it up... It was Hilarious.