Old 09-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
Disciple of Christ

Why won't God heal amputees?

I found a website that asks, "Why won't God heal amputees," and here is my answer.

FWD: To whom it may concern,

The process of regrowing a severed limb would be much too painful for
the human mind. The amputee would suffer major shock and trauma during this process, and would probably die or suffer a massive heart-attack. This is why God won't heal amputees. Does God hate amputees, does he single them out, or is it a cruel test of faith? Certainly not, he is avoiding a great deal of pain and suffering by not healing them. When we hear of God curing cancer and many other illnesses, we know he is healing the pain and suffering, not causing it.

Now you may ask, "Why an omnipotent God can't heal an amputee without pain and suffering?" Good question, and here's my answer; God is not going to prove his existence by healing amputees without the pain and suffering it would take to regrow a severed limb. The process would take months, maybe years! Many years of agonizing pain and suffering.. It wouldn't be worth it! You would scream in pain for the process to stop!

> God is glorious!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
Choobus
I Live Here

Why won't god heal mental retards?

Because then his church would be empty.

Disciple of Krist, Go suck a bag a dicks you wanker

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
The dumbest fuck in the forum (and that's a low frigging bar) wrote
The process of regrowing a severed limb would be much too painful for
the human mind.
Losing the limb in the first place is a piece of cake, though ? No major shock or trauma?

You must be too stoopid to pray for some brainz, but that's how God planned it.

(This dude is a fake, in the Landover Bendover Baptist tradition)
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Oh, COME ON!

How is this not a fake theist troll???

Edit: Yeah, what Philboid said.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Losing the limb in the first place is a piece of cake, though ? No major shock or trauma?

You must be too stoopid to pray for some brainz, but that's how God planned it.

(This dude is a fake, in the Landover Bendover Baptist tradition)
Yes, losing a limb does cause shock and trauma, but as far back as humans can study, we have always been able to repair an amputated limb, and save their life. God did not program the brain to re-grow severed limbs for that one simple reason. The excruciating pain and torment would be too much for the human mind, and you would probably suffer a massive heart attack during the process, and probably die!
Now you know why God won't heal amputees.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #6
nkb

TROLL!!! (and not a good one at that)

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
zer0

You have no way of knowing if the regeneration of a limb would cause more pain. You have no frame of reference to base this assumption on. Skin cells regenerate constantly, as well as many of the cells in your internal organs. Bones mend using basically the same process. Were you to get a cut on your finger, a scab would form to protect the new skin while it regenerates and prevent further infection. Do you go through an excruciating amount of pain when a cut is mending? I doubt it.

This is obviously a fake post. No one can possibly be this abso-fucking-lutely obtuse, retarded, insane, illogical, and ignorant.

P.S. There are several species on the planet that regenerate lost limbs at great cost to their energy intake and survival needs. If it were incredibly painful, why would they continue to regrow it? What makes their brain any more capable than ours to deal with this supposed agony?

P.S.S. Your god can't honestly think he's sparing an amputee the suffering of regrowing a limb, that you claim would be incredibly painful, when he allows myriad sufferings to be so commonplace in the rest of the world. Face it, he's not real.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

It is rather obvious that the new Dumb-fuck of the Forum (TM) is a trolling twat - and is probably about to undergo a rectum transplant to replace his/her recently removed brain chamber.

Is it time for a ban or solitary confinement?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
nkb

In my opinion, solitary confinement would be fine, but I don't really care.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
happywarrior

Quote:
Disciple of Christ wrote View Post
Yes, losing a limb does cause shock and trauma, but as far back as humans can study, we have always been able to repair an amputated limb, and save their life. God did not program the brain to re-grow severed limbs for that one simple reason. The excruciating pain and torment would be too much for the human mind, and you would probably suffer a massive heart attack during the process, and probably die!
Now you know why God won't heal amputees.
DoC? do you actually own a bible or are you just making crap up to irratate people? . . . never mind I think I just answered my own question.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #11
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
zer0 wrote View Post
You have no way of knowing if the regeneration of a limb would cause more pain. You have no frame of reference to base this assumption on. Skin cells regenerate constantly, as well as many of the cells in your internal organs. Bones mend using basically the same process. Were you to get a cut on your finger, a scab would form to protect the new skin while it regenerates and prevent further infection. Do you go through an excruciating amount of pain when a cut is mending? I doubt it.

This is obviously a fake post. No one can possibly be this abso-fucking-lutely obtuse, retarded, insane, illogical, and ignorant.

P.S. There are several species on the planet that regenerate lost limbs at great cost to their energy intake and survival needs. If it were incredibly painful, why would they continue to regrow it? What makes their brain any more capable than ours to deal with this supposed agony?

P.S.S. Your god can't honestly think he's sparing an amputee the suffering of regrowing a limb, that you claim would be incredibly painful, when he allows myriad sufferings to be so commonplace in the rest of the world. Face it, he's not real.
What makes you think the process of the leg bone growing through the skin would not be painless and agonizing? You cannot compare a cut on the finger, or a scab to an amputated leg. That is insane and illogical. And I'm talking about humans, not lizards. I don't know why the regrowth of a limb is not painful to certain species. Ask God, not me. God did not program the human brain to regrow severed limbs to save us from excruciating pain and suffering.

When God heals us, he is taking the pain and suffering away, he is not causing it.

This is why God won't heal amputees.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
Disciple of Christ

Quote:
happywarrior wrote View Post
DoC? do you actually own a bible or are you just making crap up to irratate people? . . . never mind I think I just answered my own question.
Yes, I have a Bible in my household. Why would my answer irritate you? I'm only being honest and sincere. Does my answer sound logical?

God loves us, why would he cause pain and suffering just to heal an amputated limb? His omniscient mind knows it would take several years of pain and agonizing torture to re-grow a severed limb. God is love, not hate, and he certainly does not want to hurt us.

This is why God won't heal amputees.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #13
nkb

Troll!!!!

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #14
happywarrior

Troll!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #15
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Anyone submit this to FSTDT yet?

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote