Old 12-21-2016, 03:20 PM   #1
Raven
New Member!

Best arguments against Christianity?

What are some of your favorite arguments against Christianity in general? I enjoy using philosophical/logical arguments, but I’m looking to expand my arsenal of topics I can use. One topic I find particularly interesting argues the invalidity of Christianity based on the fact that Christian writings stole so many things from previous religious traditions. This article summarizes the argument well:
http://see_the_truth.webs.com/Old%20Testament.html
Does anyone else have any topics they’d recommend bringing up while debating? I’m fairly good at arguing from a philosophical stance, or a moral one, but like I said, I want to become more diverse in my approach. Thanks!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:08 PM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I much prefer the "Fuck Off, you're full of shit, don't waste my time you cumchugging cunt" approach. Not really an argument, but one doesn't have to listen to much of their bullshit after the initial salvos.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:31 AM   #3
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Welcome Raven.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:33 AM   #4
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Best arguments against Christianity? Answer: Christianity.

or point to the lack of evidence for Jesus actually existing. They really really hate that.

and then to Smelly's method.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 02:03 PM   #5
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

"Debating" the religious is a waste of time. They just want to preach, and your responses will be ignored. They cannot debate because they have ZERO evidence to support their position, and thus respond with fallacies, personal insults, and lies. Most Atheist Authors have stopped debating them, because you cannot win a debate with a liar.
There is a wealth of sarcastic comics, posters, pictures on the Web. Much easier to click on one of those and paste it in response, rather than waste time and energy writing what will likely be ignored.
More fun too!

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 02:01 PM   #6
Davin
Obsessed Member

Best argument? Mine goes something like this, "you think there's a god, what have you got then?"

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:37 PM   #7
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote